December 20, 2010, 7:00 PM
SportSouth, 99X FMPre and Post Game Show 680 The FanNBA Audio League Pass
Probable starters:
Jameer Nelson PG Mike Bibby
Jason Richardson SG Joe Johnson
Hedo Turkoglu SF Marvin Williams
Brandon Bass PF Josh Smith
Dwight Howard C Al Horford

Hawks Injury Report: Jamal Crawford (back) is questionable.

Magic Injury Report:

SB Nation Magic Blog: Orlando Pinstriped Post

Game Thoughts:

This will be the debut of the new look Orlando Magic. Personally I am reserving judgement on this trade because I am not sure exactly how it makes Orlando better. They will still be a very potent offensive team but I now worry about their defense and their interior depth. Of course it isn't like Vince Carter and Rashard Lewis were defensive stoppers but Turkoglu in my mind is past being a useful player. I have been wrong before so we shall see. I am very surprised to see Orlando sitting with a 16-10 record at this point in the season. 

Keys to the Game: 

The first thing I am watching for tonight is whether or not coach Drew elects to go with the big lineup. I think it is a good possibility and I think it would be a wise move. Number one it matches Turkoglu on Josh Smith and Brandon Bass on Al Horford and I like both of those match-ups for the Hawks. It would also move Marvin to the bench and perhaps that could give Atlanta some scoring from the second unit as there still has been no word on the status of Jamal Crawford for tonight's game. 

Essentially I have always thought that one of Orlando's biggest strengths has been their cohesion. They won't have that tonight with all of the new parts and the Hawks need to go on the attack to take advantage of it. I don't know what happened with the motion offense in yesterday's game. It was there early and then it seemed like we were trying to force the ball into the post rather than letting it develop. Could have been a call from the bench or maybe New Jersey did a good job of taking our first option away. At any rate the Hawks need to play some sound basketball today.

It is time to forget yesterday and go out and capture a much needed signature win at home. Go Hawks! 

di
di

View the full article