• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Teague Say's LD is full of it, In his own little way

TRUEINTELLECTPLAYA

Well, this is nothing new. I am quite sure none of us believed the Larry Drew redundant speech about how he believes in Teague and always has. The bold is really all you need to read to see that Teague does not buy Drew's act either. Here's to high IQ Teague.:Cuppa:

If nothing else, the series against the Bulls likely signaled the start of the Jeff Teague(notes) era at the point.

The 2009 first-round pick played sparingly over his first two seasons, even after Drew took over as coach from Mike Woodson and made it a priority to get Teague more playing time.

Then, Hinrich went down with a hamstring injury in the closing minutes of the series-clinching win over Orlando, leaving the Hawks with little choice except to play Teague. The speedy guard responded with a stunning performance at both ends of the court, averaging 17 points through the first five games and playing gritty defense against MVP Derrick Rose(notes).

Teague couldn’t do much in Game 6, spraining both wrists on a nasty fall in the first half. But he already had shown enough to persuade most of his teammates that he’s ready for a full-time role.

“He’s the future,” Johnson said. “He definitely gives us a different look. He’s so fast and explosive. He changes the game with his speed. He’s also good on defense. All he’s got to do over the summer is continue to get better and build his confidence. If he builds his confidence, everything else will follow.”

Teague is ready to go.

“This is going to give me a boost for next season,” he said. “I’ll come in with a lot more confidence and hopefully the coaching staff believe in me a little more.”

• Like 2

I don't think teague was saying ld is full of it. I think he handled it the way he has to handle it. He knows he still has to earn the position and I'd be more concerned with him if he was telling everyone about how he has already earned the right to be the starter. He'll improve his game over the summer and have more confidence and come back much better next year. He knows he has what it takes now and I'm looking forward to seeing how good he can be.

Nice to see JJ talking up teague though. That relationship could also be huge for our future. I think JJ knows that teague is capable of breaking down the defense and making JJ's life a bit easier. I'm sure he doesn't love iso all the time and fighting through double teams.

• Premium Member

But people here said JJ doesn't like Teague... OMG!!!

I can't imagine why people would say that. In the Orlando series... Early on.. there was a halftime where Teague and Joe was walking together shoulder to shoulder and it looked like Joe was mentoring him and smiling. I think Joe is as excited about Teague getting his chance to shine as anybody.

I don't think teague was saying ld is full of it. I think he handled it the way he has to handle it. He knows he still has to earn the position and I'd be more concerned with him if he was telling everyone about how he has already earned the right to be the starter. He'll improve his game over the summer and have more confidence and come back much better next year. He knows he has what it takes now and I'm looking forward to seeing how good he can be.

Nice to see JJ talking up teague though. That relationship could also be huge for our future. I think JJ knows that teague is capable of breaking down the defense and making JJ's life a bit easier. I'm sure he doesn't love iso all the time and fighting through double teams.

This is my thing. ASG should not give LD a new deal until they see how he handles Teague. If we start the season with Teague on the bench, weather we're playing good or not, LD is not the coach of the future.

Bring in Adleman, JVanGundy or even Terry Damn Porter. However, we have to recognize that this team can function very well with Teague as it's PG.

• Like 1

But people here said JJ doesn't like Teague... OMG!!!

That's because they think JJ is jealous of everybody, for some crazy reason. Some said the same thing about Jamal and JJ last year, thinking that JJ was jealous of Jamal. I broke down a random 10 game stretch of who JJ dished out assists to, and Jamal received the 2nd most assists from JJ. Only Smith received more.

JJ has ALWAYS supported Teague. And he'd have no problem playing with the kid. He actually makes his job easier, especially on the defensive end, because that would mean that JJ wouldn't have to guard PGs anymore.

Edited by northcyde
  • Like 1

Everyone on here acts as if they knew Teague was going to "be great". Give me a break.

He hadn't proved himself AT ALL in the times he played. Should he have gotten more minutes? Yes. The way our offense used to run, the PG's only got jump shots and we all know that Teague doesn't have a great jumper.

Let's all quit pointing fingers and just be happy that Teague got a chance and did a great job. I'm hoping Teague gets working on his jumper and hits the gym a little more.

Go Hawks!

Well, this is nothing new. I am quite sure none of us believed the Larry Drew redundant speech about how he believes in Teague and always has. The bold is really all you need to read to see that Teague does not buy Drew's act either. Here's to high IQ Teague.:Cuppa:

If nothing else, the series against the Bulls likely signaled the start of the Jeff Teague(notes) era at the point.

The 2009 first-round pick played sparingly over his first two seasons, even after Drew took over as coach from Mike Woodson and made it a priority to get Teague more playing time.

Then, Hinrich went down with a hamstring injury in the closing minutes of the series-clinching win over Orlando, leaving the Hawks with little choice except to play Teague. The speedy guard responded with a stunning performance at both ends of the court, averaging 17 points through the first five games and playing gritty defense against MVP Derrick Rose(notes).

Teague couldn’t do much in Game 6, spraining both wrists on a nasty fall in the first half. But he already had shown enough to persuade most of his teammates that he’s ready for a full-time role.

“He’s the future,” Johnson said. “He definitely gives us a different look. He’s so fast and explosive. He changes the game with his speed. He’s also good on defense. All he’s got to do over the summer is continue to get better and build his confidence. If he builds his confidence, everything else will follow.”

Teague is ready to go.

“This is going to give me a boost for next season,” he said. “I’ll come in with a lot more confidence and hopefully the coaching staff believe in me a little more.”

Teague said LD is full of it?

Man you're stretchin' it.

That's because they think JJ is jealous of everybody, for some crazy reason. Some said the same thing about Jamal and JJ last year, thinking that JJ was jealous of Jamal. I broke down a random 10 game stretch of who JJ dished out assists to, and Jamal received the 2nd most assists from JJ. Only Smith received more.

JJ has ALWAYS supported Teague. And he'd have no problem playing with the kid. He actually makes his job easier, especially on the defensive end, because that would mean that JJ wouldn't have to guard PGs anymore.

I agree with you and Diesel. Plus saying JJ is jealous of anybody implies that he has emotions.

• Like 1