• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bill Simmons suggesting a possible Hawks to Seattle move

Sothron

Yeah, that was just lies thrown out by the A$G. There were media reports of over twenty, I think it was twenty two or twenty one, local groups trying to keep the Thrashers but the A$G refused all bids because they had to get the Thrashers out of Atlanta to then sell the arena and Hawks to that cuban pizza guy. Which, btw, never happened because while the A$G didn't do their research on Morello the NBA did and they found out he couldn't afford the arena and Hawks. The guy already knew he couldn't afford them plus the Thrashers so that's why the A$G had to betray the fans in Atlanta to make sure the team was sold out of market.

This is why the NHL put on a huge 62 or 72 million dollar fine for the sale to get them out of Atlanta by bypassing local groups. It is actually in the NHL charter for a team to try and sell to local groups first before moving out of market.

So yeah, the A$G are bastards. I'm praying new owners would work with the NHL to bring hockey back to Atlanta.

I can all but confirm this one. The Notorious A.$.G. did everything but listen to any local group regarding a sale of the Thrashers. From what I heard, they demanded that any new owner still give arena revenues from hockey games to them. And since there was a proviso stating that the Thrashers could only play hockey games within the state of Georgia at Philips, it was a done deal that they were leaving.

What they did to the hockey fans for the hope that some pizza guy could hit the lottery before being vetted by the NBA was beyond criminal. If and when they eventually sell to someone local (and not from Seattle or Louisville), they will truly NOT be missed...

• Like 1

I can all but confirm this one. The Notorious A.$.G. did everything but listen to any local group regarding a sale of the Thrashers. From what I heard, they demanded that any new owner still give arena revenues from hockey games to them. And since there was a proviso stating that the Thrashers could only play hockey games within the state of Georgia at Philips, it was a done deal that they were leaving.

What they did to the hockey fans for the hope that some pizza guy could hit the lottery before being vetted by the NBA was beyond criminal. If and when they eventually sell to someone local (and not from Seattle or Louisville), they will truly NOT be missed...

That's exactly what I heard from people at the Atlanta Chamber of Commerce. No one was going to do any business with them, especially paying them rent and the vig they wanted for the pleasure of using the arena.
  • Like 1