• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Gotta give AOL Credit

RLHawk

One thing that no one is mentioning is the fact that Pete and Stan got the deal done WITH the support of the hated AOL. I listened to an interview with Stan Kasten at about 6:10pm and he said that the AOL execs approved this trade even though it sends them into luxary tax land. That is pretty impressive since not many teams are willing to pay the luxary tax. I guess for now, ours is. I think that is exciting as Hell!!!!

I know people knock the doings of AOL a lot, but they have definately stepped up on this deal...

With our current roster of 11 players, we have a total salary of ~54M. The luxary tax is projected to be somewhere around 50M-52M. We are in the tax now. If we sign a vet 12th man, then expect it to climb by~1M. If we sign 2 players, then we could see it climb ~1.5M.

Our current depth chart is ...

JT/DD

DJ/DG/Email

Big Dog/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

I would love for it to be Willis and and a young guy (possibly SG/SF from our summer league). That would give us some good depth. I tend to want another SF who can shoot and doesn't mind playing only 10MPG.

Atlanta is a top 10 television market and the second fastest growing city in the country with a big image on the international stage AOL would have to be retarded to ignore to profit potential the Hawks have. Even the Braves in finacially troubled Baseball are in the top 5 in sales every year. Even though they lost money last year, yeah right.

Accounting 101 2+2 = 3 for tax puposes 2+2 =5 for shareholder reports.