• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Today's rumors: Wilkins, Hunter?

Lascar78

950, KJR'S Locked on Sports has learned that Damien Wilkins turned down a $16 million dollar deal from the Portland Trailblazers. Therefore, there must be another team that is offering Wilkins a big money contract.
The popular opinion around the league is that Atlanta may turn to Wilkins. The Hawks have made inroads to Joe Johnson, but the Suns have altered their roster to make sure they can pay Johnson what offer sheet he receives.
The Sonics are positing themselves to make sure they can match offers to Wilkins.

# posted by Locked on Sports @ 9:11 AM 57 comments

"There has been speculation that if the Suns failed to match the offer sheet for Johnson, they might seek to bring Michael Finley back to Phoenix if he was released by Dallas next week and became a free agent. But the Fort Worth Star-Telegram reported Wednesday that the Mavericks have had second thoughts about using their amnesty clause on the remaining three years and $51.8 million on Finley’s deal and will instead seek a trade — and they are apparently willing to wait until just before training camp opens to make it happen." East Valley Tribune

"The Suns are still hoping to find a way to lure center Steven Hunter back to Phoenix, but there are still plenty of teams with more cap room talking to him as well. Atlanta, Dallas and Philadelphia are among those still courting Hunter." East Valley Tribune

"While the Bulls wait for restricted free agents Tyson Chandler, Eddy Curry, Chris Duhon and Jannero Pargo to sign offer sheets that will determine their market values, they have their sights on other players in the open market. According to a source close to the situation, veteran Tom Gugliotta has emerged as the most likely candidate for the Bulls to sign with their midlevel exception." Daily Southtown

Maybe we can SNT Googs for an SNT of Curry? j/k

I'm somewhat puzzled by the Damian Wilkins thing. He's a good young talent, and I get the Wilkins connection obviously, but do we really need a 6'6" forward at this point in time? I guess if he's cheap I'm fine with it. At least he's a player who decided to come here (if he does) and is a good young player who will be fine coming off the bench. But how much more than 16 mil are we paying, and over how long.

For your efforts, here's a picture of Zach Randolph stoned out of his mind

ZBO.JPG

When Wilkins was at Georgia and NC State both Gerald and Nique always tried to get the coaces to let him play point guard..He was similar to Diaw in the fact he can dribble and bring the ball up but does not have penetrating point guard skills and cannot guard the position..Maybe Nique has convinced Billy that he can play the point..

Question..Why is this post so large? Have to scroll across to read it.

Guest Walter

I'm sorry, but if this is the route we go and if that's near the price we pay, BK screwed this offseason up royally. We have more holes than we started and now we may be getting yet another (in this case marginal at best) swingman in Damien. Ugh! How does anyone expect BK to do better next offseason when with $25 million and a #2 pick we get no better?!?

Still, must reserve judgement until FAcy starts, must reserve judgement until...just doesn't look promising at all.

W

It's not BK's fault if Phoenix matches.

It's not BK's fault if Curry's uninsurable.

He's screwed nothing.

So far, they haven't handed out big money to any stiffs.

They appear to have drafted well, albeit for the long haul, not to satisfy short-term positional needs.

That rumor was pure speculation. The team that might be offering Wilkens that money could just as easily be New Orleans who is in need of help at the 3. I do agree that signing yet another swingman wouldn't be a wise decision on BK's part, but I didn't see any factual information that states we're actually in negotiations with Wilkens.

I am getting kind of antsy myself. It seems every team is agreeing to terms with players except us.

Seattle seems like they are going to match, so I don't see Wilkins landing with another team. I wouldn't mind adding Wilkins, but I do have concerns about adding another forward, and really don't see him being a solid point guard.

Zach is so stones, but a horrible picture for the young kid. Where did you get the picture from?