• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

GT Fans Strike Up the Band (BBall Recruiting)

Hawkzzz21

Paul Hewitt and the boys are making noise in the National Recruiting Battle.

GT looks like a solid team this year, but young. All freshmen and sophmores on the team. With the exception of Tarver (senior) and West (junior).

If no one leaves for the NBA (Dickey and Morrow), then next year this team is gonna do some damage. They are gonna have a team that will be hard to beat.

Thaddeus Young from Tennessee is gonna be a star. All the write ups on this guy is very impressive. He's a star in the making. He's smart in the classroom (but who isn't that attends Tech). His father was a college coach. It appears all the ground work is there, for this guy to be the man in Atlanta next year! A lock for the McDonalds All Star Game. Can't wait to see him perform this year.

Javaris Crittenton is the local product. Some of you may have heard of him already. He is the star from Southwest Atlanta Christian Academy. A 6'4" PG that is going to be a nightmare for other teams trying to match up against him. He's already gainned national attention going into his senior year. Another possible player that will get to play in the McDonald's All Star Game. Yes, this is the guy that played some with Dwight Howard.

Brad Shehan a 6'10" player from NY. He's considered a project, but should give the Yellowjackets some play in the paint.

Zach Peacock a 6'7" guy from Miami. He has the midrange game. Here is the write up on him: "Tremendous 2005 Nike Camp. Has enough skill to play facing the basket. Finishes what he can inside. Could be a player who gets more interest coming off his summer of 2005."

That's a good class right there comming in. However, there may be more.

Another local kid that we need to keep in state is JaJuan Jones from Douglasville. Hey JJ! If your looking in, go ahead and commit to GT. This is where you want to be! He has his choices down to 3 right now (GT, NCST, and Cinncy)

Other guys considering GT:

Leon Freeman from Michigan. He has Michigan State as one of his schools. So may be hard to steal him out of Michigan.

Tyrell Lynch from New York

Cordell Pope from Alabama

Justin Burrel from the Bronx (A PF that Bulldogs and YellowJackets are fighting for)

Rashad Green from New York

So strike up the band! Next year's team is looking good right now!

2006/2007 YellowJackets:

PG Javaris Crittenton

SG Anthony Morrow

SF Thadeous Young

PF Jeremis Smith

C RaSean Dickey

This is the projected lineup, without considering this year's freshmen crop. Someone might make some noise in this year's fresman crop.

Lewis Clinch (Georgia Product)

D'Andre Bell (Los Angeles, California)

Paco Diaw (Boris's Brother....lol, j/k....he might be??)

Alade Aminu (6'10" Big Man)

They start playing this Friday.

As for the Georgia Bulldogs. They are behind the game. They have a great class comming in this year. Would have been much better if Louis Williams would have stayed committed. As for next year, just one commitment so far.

I follow GT a lot more than the Hawks and I can tell you that GT will be fine this year. Maybe not a Final Four threat but I think NCAAT worthy. You will be surprised by a few of the guys like Zam Frederick, in particular. Thaddeus Young is a huge pickup but is expected to be one and done. Javaris Crittendon isn't expected to stick around long either if he works on his complete game.

Quote:

I follow GT a lot more than the Hawks and I can tell you that GT will be fine this year. Maybe not a Final Four threat but I think NCAAT worthy. You will be surprised by a few of the guys like Zam Frederick, in particular. Thaddeus Young is a huge pickup but is expected to be one and done. Javaris Crittendon isn't expected to stick around long either if he works on his complete game.

Yes, Young will play only one year at Tech. The new rules are forcing him to play a year of college ball. I don't mind that. Give me the best players!

That's why it is important that we win next year.

As for as Tech this year. Yes, they have a shot to beat every team in the ACC with the exception of Duke. Which I think they only play one time anyways. It's not saying that we are that good, but the other teams are just not that strong.

I think the 3rd or 4th game of the year we play Michigan State. I highly doubt we win that game, but would nice to be competitive with them. Just for recruiting purposes.

Hey JJ from Douglasville! I know your needing that sign to show you where to commit to. Here it is! This is your sign, stay home and play in Atlanta!

Well I'm probably not the best one to be answering this, since I really like Chan Gailey. In fact, he's my favorite Georgia Coach in college and pro sports. Yes, I like him even better than Bobby Cox.

He's good to his players. He lets them play. That's huge! He doesn't try to dictate the game from the sideline (ala Mark Richt and Jim Mora Jr). He trusts his players to make the right decisions. If it's 3rd and goal on the 5 yard line, Gailey will attempt the pass for a touchdown. Richt and Mora are more likely to try and run it in, and settle for the 3. They coach scared, and Gailey doesn't.

As for the basketball and football programs. It's all about recruiting. It's tough for Tech to have good teams, cause it's hard to get in the school from an academic stance.

The football team hasn't done well in recruiting. Next year will be their best class comming in, compared to the previous two. That's saying something with Calvin Johnson being in one of those classes. Outside of him, Tech hasn't brought those star type players in during the last two years.

Reggie Ball can do some good things out there, but he makes a lot of dumb mistakes. So having a coach that trusts you + using Reggie's Brain= LOSSES

Quote:

Reggie Ball can do some good things out there, but he makes a lot of dumb mistakes. So having a coach that trusts you + using Reggie's Brain= LOSSES

I just had a flashback to Reggie throwing the ball away on fourth down at the end of the game in Athens last year. Then I passed out. I might sue you.