• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I was wrong about Michael Vick.

KB21

I didn't think he had the pocket skills coming out of college, and I really felt he was a glorified RB. His pocket skills have improved tremendously since his days at VT though. He still has a way to go, but he looks like he is getting there.

If his mental ability ever catches up with his physical ability, the NFL will have another Brett Favre on their hands.

If Steve Young did this much good for him, then Steve Young needs to get into coaching.

• Admin

how when Vick was drafted I don't think I remember reading one article that said he would be anything other than average. They all said he had no passing skills and "would not be a difference maker". Now every sunday all you hear is how "mike vick is the future of the NFL quarterback".

The guy is lightening quick and throws lasers. Unlike most quarterbacks, he's as dangerous or more dangerous when you make him run with the ball. Already he's made some insane passes while being pressured and on the run. He's really fun to watch.

Well, it isn't his running ability that will make him a great QB. It is an addeded dimension, no doubt, but he could run around all day long without it mattering if he couldn't throw the football.

The key for Michael Vick to be a great QB is going to be his passing ability. He is currently getting more comfortable reading the defense, making quick decisions, and getting the ball to the right receivers at the right times without forcing it.

Pocket ability is what determines a QB. Athleticism is an added bonus if you have that pocket ability, but athleticism is not what makes a QB great.

Look at Jason Thomas at UNLV. Great athleticism, but the guy has no clue about playing quarterback.

He almost never seems to make a bad choice

passing the ball.He just doesn't force the ball.

If nobody is open he simply takes what he gets

or runs.He will be better than McNabb is about

two or three years.He is learning quicker than

McNabb did and has will surpass the likes of

Couch pretty soon.Drew Brees seems to be

doing pretty well also.The QB position in the

NFL is not dead.....McNabb/Vick/Brees are doing

pretty well and I think Joey Harrington has a

bright future aswell.

There is something about Vick does remind me of

Steve Young.......