• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DIRECTV Dropping PAX Effective March 1st!

yardbird

While watching a decent game turn into a blowout tonight, a message flashed on my screen that DirecTV was dropping PAX efective 3/1/2006. That means that the 13 Hawks games broadcast on PAX after that date will unavailable to me and others who rely on DirecTV.

I called (888) DIRECTV and logged my complaint against this change, which is apparently being done because the current PAX programming is infomercials, switched from 'family programming'. This can be confirmed at directv.com/pax.

If you have directv, make your objection heard both to them and the Hawks.

u can get pax games over the air if you live near atlanta

gwinnett is plenty close enough to receive the tv signals; the radio [censored] is because the station has to power down at night...gj picking a station that powers down during the games, atlanta spirit!!

anyway, still keep complaining as there are many fans who aren't within tv signal of ATL that need their directTV pax

you also want to complain to Pax as well. I work for a cable company and PAX probably has some sort of pull in the situation too. I'd complain to all three companies.

But complaining to the Hawks would be a good idea especially. They are trying to build a fan base and not being able to watch the games is a hindrance to that.

Alas, i live in florida and cannot watch many games unless i pony up for the nba season package.

Quote:

Stop bitching an move out of the boonies. Anyway Comcast is offering 400 bucks for switching from the dish. It equals 25bucks off of the service each month for 16 months. It is a pretty good deal.

dude, this affects you if you live next door to philips arena but have directv service. it has nothing to do with living in the boonies. some people like directv over comcast because it's the only place you can get the nfl package. getting a clear tv signal over the air can be a pain in the butt no matter where you live.

Trust me...Direct will be losing Sunday Ticket soon. I used to live in Gwinnett and had Direct TV. I got tired of traffic and moved downtown about 3 blocks from Phillips and got Comcast. Trust me On Demand is worth it. When I want to watch the Titans (my fav football team) play I just go to Barnacles and watch them on the big screen. Get off the couch playa.

Right. I opted for DirecTV years ago because I grew up in Buffalo and am a long-suffering Buffalo Bills fan. The NFL package is the killer application for DirecTV, and noone else offers it. Over the air means I'd have to invest in an external antenna, rabit ears do nothing in my house.

Interesting though, sounds like not many folks here rely on DirecTV, though I appreciate the sympathies of those unaffected by this change.

Quote:

Trust me...Direct will be losing Sunday Ticket soon. I used to live in Gwinnett and had Direct TV. I got tired of traffic and moved downtown about 3 blocks from Phillips and got Comcast. Trust me On Demand is worth it. When I want to watch the Titans (my fav football team) play I just go to Barnacles and watch them on the big screen. Get off the couch playa.

I'm 3 blocks from Philips too. Where do you live?

Quote:

DirecTV and the NFL just extended their exclusive deal through 2010. i have comcast and i'm a Falcons fan in Atlanta so I go the home games and watch all the away games on TV. but if i wasn't, i still wouldn't go to "barnacles" or wherever to watch my team play. i'd rather have friends over and cookout because my (low end and rather cheap) HDTV looks a 100 times better than the crappy big screens in 99% of bars, plus it will sound better with the 5.1 sound in my home. do you work for comcast or something, playa?

Nope I just switched recently and I know the frustrations with having a dish. Take for instance HDTV. You have to buy the damn 3 prong dish..which costs 300 bucks, plus the receiver. Then inorder to get DVR you have to get another receiver. Comcast gave it to me all in one Box. And you really can't beat on demand...(damn I do sound like a commercial)

Oh and don't forget..losing signals when the rain comes or if the wind blows your alignment off.

ok I am stopping now.