• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Southern Hawks Fly Into Jersey

Nique21

Well we have finally reached that day we have all been waiting for. Do we really have a chance at those Nets? They did represent the East in the Finals last year. They have Jason Kidd who is an outstanding all around player. They have added Rogers and Deke.

Well it just so happens when they was kicking everybody else's butt last year, we had their number. I believe we won 2 out of 3 from them. We didn't have Theo or the Big Dog. So I think tonight we put ourselves on the map. I believe we will blow them out, as long as Reef can go. Of coarse when we tune in to the sportschannels, they won't be talking about why the Hawks won this game. They will all be saying why the Nets loss this game. Then they will probably compare them to the Lakers, and say both teams loss on their first game, but they will still both be there when the Finals come.

SAR is out, apparently, with his stiff back and we will

start Hendu in his absence. Hendu played well in the

pre-season games. He is FINALLY over his injuries that

has held him back for two seasons. I look for him to

have a good game.

Winning this one would be a nice way to start the season.

Let's hope we do it. As you said, if we do, it won't be

Hawks won but Nets lost ---Oh well -----

Gray Mule

Grin ever once in a while --

Makes people wonder what you've been up to !!

You're right -- Tonight's game doesn't make or break

us for the season. With Nazr out with a badly bruised

foot, SAR with a sore back, Crawford on I.R. to start

the season and DerMarr out for the year, I still like our

chances much better than last season.

Right now, I'm worried a lot more about Nazr than SAR.

Hawks were counting on Nazr to play big minutes,

especially at the beginning of the season while Theo

got his game legs under him and the rust off of his

game.

If, as I expect, Theo picks up a lot of fouls early, Hawks

will play the backup to the backup center a lot of

minutes, especially with Hendu starting at P.F.

That may work out any way. Our man is older and

bigger and will be playing against a bigger and older

center.

SAR isn't on I.R. and could probably play some if it

became absolutely necessary but another 24 hrs. to

get better sure would be nice.

Gray Mule

Grin ever once in a while --

Makes people wonder what you've been up to !!

He's out with a freakin stiff back???How many

people have a stiff back everyday of their life?SOFT

Man this franchise is always gunna be the big

pile of [censored] it always has been.Never has accomplished

anything....neverwill

Did you see just how HARD Reef fell when he injured his back last year against Orlando? Try letting someone drop you flat on your back with nothing breaking your fall from about 5 feet of the ground and see how you function with a "stiff back."

As I said, if you like sure things with a winning tradition, go root for the Lakers. I'm sure they will get back to the playoffs and contend for the title again.

Did you see just how HARD Reef fell when he injured his back last year against Orlando? Try letting someone drop you flat on your back with nothing breaking your fall from about 5 feet of the ground and see how you function with a "stiff back."

That was near a year ago and he is still feeling the effects

(or so he says these guys are millionaires you know,it's

like sitting at hom bothers them)we should trade him before

it becomes a bigger problem.IF he hasn't healed in a

year chances are it is going to be a big problem.Never

would have happend if we had rebuilt the correct way

instead of taking the ole Knick path.

"As I said, if you like sure things with a winning tradition,"

Excuse me for wanting a team that expects and can

compete for the east.How thoughtless of me.

I think this will end up being a big problem.IF it is

really bothering him a year later that is a problem.

Back problems don't dissappear.

crazy. In one breath, you accuse Reef of being "soft." In the next breath, you accuse him of faking the injury. In the next breath, we need to trade him if his back is hurting before it becomes a bigger problem. No matter what the situation is, you turn it into something negative. Ridiculous!

And then, you compare our rebuilding effort to the Knicks? HOW? What is REMOTELY similar about our situation and the Knicks situation? What is the "correct" way to rebuild?

This team DOES expect to compete for the EC title. YOU don't expect them to so yeah, it IS thoughtless of you to say that. The team GUARANTEED a playoff birth. You think they guaranteed the playoff birth because they DIDN'T expect to make the playoffs? Please!

Reef's back problem could be a problem. It also could be something that gets better once he rests it. Last season, he never stopped playing and he played with the problem all summer, including two a days in training camp. T Macs back woes are 10x worse than Reefs and T Mac is dealing with it through therapy. I think its more than reasonable to expect the same for Reef.

And then, you compare our rebuilding effort to the Knicks? HOW? What is REMOTELY similar about our situation and the Knicks situation? What is the "correct" way to rebuild?"

Well the Knicks traded a good draft pick for Dice

and it blew up in their face and the same could

happen with Reef/Gasol.

We should have built through the draft anyway.Gasol

could develop into a superstar....We could use one

of those.

"This team DOES expect to compete for the EC title.

YOU don't expect them to so yeah, it IS thoughtless

of you to say that. The team GUARANTEED a playoff

birth. You think they guaranteed the playoff birth be-

cause they DIDN'T expect to make the playoffs? Please!"

Getting into the playoffs and winning the east is

two different things.Our chances of making the

playoffs are thining due to injuries already.

IF Reef is really injuried we should see what options

are on the table for a trade.

I know most will not see it as the same view.But

we will see.

First of all, Reef was NOT coming off a major injury when we traded for him and he was an All Star last season. McDyess WAS coming off a major injury so yes, the NY trade was a HUGE risk.

Our trade with Memphis was a complete and total success. Gasol? Who's to say Babs would have drafted Gasol? Battier was the player everyone was convinced that Babs was going to take at 3.

And you're right, Gasol COULD develop into a superstar. However, he may never be as good as Reef. Time will tell but even if Gasol turns out great, the trade was still a no brainer at the time. Reef was a career 20/10 guy who was only 24 when the deal was made. Babs would have been stupid to turn down that deal.

What did you want the Hawks to do, guarantee a Finals appearance? What am I saying, of course you did! Like I said, LA probably needs a few more of you fairweather, bandwagon fans. Go hop on before its too late!

1)He was a allstar in the leastern Conference

2)Ben Wallace or somebody else probably deserved

it more since they had a big impact on a winning

team.

How was our trade with Memphis a total sucess?Gasol

will already be better than Reef this year probably and

Wright is a 12PPG 10RPG kinda player.We lost in both

youth and talent.

"Like I said, LA probably needs a few more of you fairweather, bandwagon fans. Go hop on before its too late!"

Oh well.maybe we will actually become a NBA team

one day.Til we get to the finals or championship I

consider us a dissapointment.I'm a Baaadd person

to actually expect us to win instead of hoping.

Oh well....whatever

has him in trouble now. I suspect SAR downplayed the effect of his injury when it happened and his symptoms since. The result? Perhaps a very significant injury (it is an injury to the back) that could and I believe should have been avoided (at least it continuing to cause problems). A "Stiff back" isn't a diagnosis. This stiff back could have a very serious underlying cause (i.e. a herniated disk) that likely won't go away with mere rest after this amount of time and with this amount of stress having been put on it after the fall.

Here's hoping it isn't serious (How can it not be as 9 out of 10 back injuries or instances of lower back pain heal by themselves WITHIN 90 days?...and it has been well over 90 days.). Here's to wondering why it ever got this serious.

W