• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Babcock tells again that JT is staying at the PG

I emailed babs again about JT at PG and this is what he had to say....

JT is best suited to be on the floor somewhere as he is one of only a few players in the NBA who can get you 20 point every night. We plan on keeping him at the point UNLESS we could add a very significant point guard....which is unlikely. We are exploring all options....if we could add a major point guard (one of the tops in the NBA), then we would move JT over to the off-guard; if we can acquire a more experienced and proven off-guard, we will keep JT at the point. If we can acquire a better small forward, we will keep DJ at the off-guard. So, it is not as simple as what we would like in theory to happen....reality becomes a big part of which direction we go....what is really available on the trade front and free agency.

We still have no idea what our starting lineup is going to be.I almost think

that drafting JT/DJ trading for Theo/Reef that babs wanted a tweener/undersized

team.

At least this time he actually mentions Slim in a response.

I am thinking more and more that the PG crap is a screen, and that Pete wants a 2/3 as he has stated in the past.

The national media ignorance may actually pay big dividends for the Hawks as they think we want PG, but want size instead....

Of course, if we do trade up, and then someone else trades up ahead of us thinking we want Dickau and they take him, the media will say we didn't get the guy we wanted, whether we wanted him or not....lol...

I just don't see it happening any other way. The Hawks have worked out too many taller point guards to not be looking at getting one of them.

The 2s and 3s that the Hawks have worked out don't combine to equal the # of point guards the Hawks have worked out. Of these players, only Tayshaun Prince is worthy of being taken in the teens, which is where (for all intents and purposes) Atlanta is looking to move into.

I still think the Hawks will be looking at John Salmons or Jiri Welsch. I think Dickau is a smoke screen to get some team to take him over one of the previous two. I think Tito Maddox and Smush Parker are also on the radar screen, but not in the teens.

I could see Salmons or Jiri, because they are flexible in positioning, which is a Babcock favorite...

He loves the mutil-position player, like Reef/Ratliff/DerMarr/Tont, etc...

I could see those two being at the top of the list, for sure, especially Salmons....

Would talking Salmons impress anyone here?

It might me...

Taking Salmons would impress me to an extent. He has really risen up the boards. I saw on John Thompson's site where he stated that Salmons was one of the best all around players in this draft.

Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if the Hawks throw a curve ball and takes Tayshaun Prince.

What if we decide to use Edump at backup SG(He is a backup

SG anyway)and draft a backup PG?We play Dion at the two(IF

we keep him)don't be surprised if Hendu gets limited playing

time this season.If he is indeed pouting about his role they

may choose to sit his a** all together.