• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The New Management Set Up.

KB21

I just want to give you a look at what the new management set up will be if Steve Belkin does indeed take over the teams.

Jan Volk and ML Carr will be appointed to run the things. Jan Volk will be the man that makes the moves behind the scenes, while ML Carr will be the guy with the beanie on his head that tries to drum up fan support. These two ran the Celtics from 1994-1997 together, Volk as the GM with Carr as the Director of Basketball Operations. Needless to say, these guys didn't do too well with running the Celtics.

Bernie Mullin will likely be replaced as the President of the Hawks and Thrashers. I don't know who would replace him, but I could see Steve Belkin trying to do that job himself.

Basically, this will be a travesty. All the progress the Hawks have made and the long term future of this team will go straight down the toilet if this group takes over. I don't know if I will be able to stomach it and continue following the Hawks.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct in saying that Belkin is a very shrewd business man. And he was right about giving up too much for JJ. Maybe he learned something from how Carr and the other guy didn't get the job done and surprise us.

What if the entire roster requested to be traded?

Either way, all the progress this team has made over the last two years will be completely washed away. This essentially kills any chance of signing and trading Al Harrington. It is very doubtful that the Hawks will be able to make any meaningful free agent moves.

Quote:

You are correct in saying that Belkin is a very shrewd business man. And he was right about giving up too much for JJ. Maybe he learned something from how Carr and the other guy didn't get the job done and surprise us.

What if the entire roster requested to be traded?

How was he right about the JJ trade? He never even mentioned Diaw in it. He knew Diaw was a scrub for us. We don't know if the 2 picks would have ever done anything for us, either.

Guest Walter

...this is the worst thing I could imagine happening for the Hawks franchise. Even if Belkin's minions could do everything "right" (as in shrewed personel moves), we'll suffer in FAcy and I suspect teams won't even wont to trade with us. At the very least they'll try and take advantage of our turmoil. What a dark day.

W

Quote:

...this is the worst thing I could imagine happening for the Hawks franchise. Even if Belkin's minions could do everything "right" (as in shrewed personel moves), we'll suffer in FAcy and I suspect teams won't even wont to trade with us. At the very least they'll try and take advantage of our turmoil. What a dark day.

W

hmmmm......

hadn't thought about it from that angle. good point Walter.

P.S. you forgot to put something about trading Marvin in that post Walter, you feeling a bit under the weather today? grin.gif

Any thoughts of this team making a splash in free agency in 2007 just went by the boards if he continues to hold this team hostage instead of selling it back to them, Blank, or another local owner (that's my hope). What agent would POSSIBLY approach this team with their client(s) now? And what to make of the Joshes and Marvin once their rookie deals run out? You think they'd want to stick around here, especially given the fact that Belkin would want to run the show with a skeleton budget to make more $$$?

Guest Walter

Quote:

"Be careful what you wish for. You might just get it."

KB, I suspect you will use this as your escape opportunity. You have laid yourself under the BK bus for so long and it was about to pull away regardless (given other management had already hushed him and begun indicating whom they thought we should pick).

Now KB, you can escape with your liar rep to insist that had BK been given just one more year his 5 forward team would have redefined all of sports and entertainment, winning not only the NBA title, but the World Cup and an Oscar for best performance in a drama.

Please KB, don't let this saga make you any less of a know it all even if you have to blatantly lie about the circumstance through which you came about said knowledge.

Belkin may be the antichrist but that doesn't make BK, Woody, or the like our savior.

W

You absolutely fvcking wished for this. Well, you may just get your wish.

ML_Carr220.jpg

There's your new GM. Now, maybe all of you that threw little hissy fits over Billy Knight being gruff to the media will have your way. You will have your GM that will smile, dance around, and pet your god damn little peepees. Too bad he doesn't have a clue about how to build a basketball team.

That doesn't mean Belkin is insane enough to let him run the Hawks..Belkin's goal has been to own an NBA team, why would he hire a clown like Carr..

Longterm, I see a series of appeals, shortterm, I am trying to figure out who will run the team this year..I can't see Stern being able to push Belkin to the side since the last court victory was his..I also can't see the other owners left in charge after this court loss..I am thinking there may be a 3rd party put in charge..Maybe even BK since he is already here..

I officially hope the NBA forces ALL the owners to sell..We need a Ted Turner or Arther Blank type that has the abilty to operate the team..This group of clowns couldn't run a Dairy Queen..Anytime you have 9 owners in 3 cities bad things are bound to happen.

Quote:

I'm just hoping Belkin is doing this for money and plans to re-sell the teams.

Belkin wants a team. Has wanted one for a while now...Only way he goes anywhere is if courts overturn ruling or Stern takes team away from him.

will stern be a hero or just stand by and watch...we can only hope he will be a hero..

and those of you bashing BK and his "mean" style and his 5 forwards....phoenix just basically went through a good portion of the playoffs with 4 forwards and a point guard..dallas plays much of the time the same way, they only have extra one decent center of us physically...several other gms have recognized and mentioned going with a philosophy similiar to BK...

Hissy fit? Pot meet kettle.

Quote:

There's your new GM. Now, maybe all of you that threw little hissy fits over Billy Knight being gruff to the media will have your way. You will have your GM that will smile, dance around, and pet your god damn little peepees.

Now *that* is what I would call a hissy fit.