Dickau trade gives us a backup PG who can score

I like this trade and think it shows we are ready to try to compete now and worry bout future drafts later. With our current team I think where we are really weak is if JT were to go down we'd lose too many points if we brought Email in. Now I'd just eat Email's contract and play with four guards using Dickau just to backup JT and for points off the bench.

I am alright with this trade as long as they don't try to start him. This time lets hope Babcock learned his lesson with this future first B.S. Next time we have a late first they should send it to SAC not when we have the 8th pick in the draft. I can see us giving up a high first again for the 29th pick. I am suprised he fell that far.

I think this trade is decent at best, if junkmail and Dion get injured, get ready for mini me 03. That said I think he's got some positives too, if we line em up DD/DG/TK, we should have a pretty good second unit, when healthy. at worst, DD/ED/DG, still not bad for the bench.

If Babcock envisions both guys starting, then we are in big trouble. Generally a team in our position (who is just trying to make the playoffs) does not use a 1st round pick on a b/u 1. This fact is what scares me about this pick. If you are a championship contender, then you can use a late round 1st on a point guard. I hope management intends for DD to be a b/u only.