• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

To my Hawks Outsiders ...

kg01

When you get bogged down with all the inside action 😉, pop in.  I'll be drainin' em from the outside...

Latest intel(sic) from the Pelican'ts board, Can'ts fans kicking around a BI/Dyson for Murray/OO deal.  Considers this 'fair'.

@KB21, your thoughts ...

😁 

• Thanks 3

• Moderators

Real talk: how optimistic will the squawk be when training camp opens.   Last year on a scientific optimism scale I was at 'not' because of our lack of PF's and our same ole wings.   This year I'm expecting to be at 'skeptical' because of our new youth movement.  

On 6/7/2024 at 5:50 PM, kg01 said:

When you get bogged down with all the inside action 😉, pop in.  I'll be drainin' em from the outside...

Latest intel(sic) from the Pelican'ts board, Can'ts fans kicking around a BI/Dyson for Murray/OO deal.  Considers this 'fair'.

@KB21, your thoughts ...

😁 

Not a good deal for us and I’m somewhat intrigued by Ingram.  I wouldn’t do Murray/Capela for BI/Dyson.  Herb…

3 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Real talk: how optimistic will the squawk be when training camp opens.   Last year on a scientific optimism scale I was at 'not' because of our lack of PF's and our same ole wings.   This year I'm expecting to be at 'skeptical' because of our new youth movement.  

I think Bufkin becomes a regular rotation player that is half of a dynamite 2nd unit backcourt with Bogi.  

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Hawkish said:

I think Bufkin becomes a regular rotation player that is half of a dynamite 2nd unit backcourt with Bogi.  

I agree except I expect to start the season with Bogi as starter.  

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Depends on what the roster looks like. 

It's fun to compare Supes(? sorry if I have the wrong person) latest report about Center options this offseason with Pels fans thinking OO is just some throw in level player lol. 

58 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I agree except I expect to start the season with Bogi as starter.  

Makes sense — I hope you are wrong, but I definitely can see a likely situation where you are correct.  For Bogi’s longevity, I hope to keep him as a super sub.

1 hour ago, Afro said:

It's fun to compare Supes(? sorry if I have the wrong person) latest report about Center options this offseason with Pels fans thinking OO is just some throw in level player lol. 

In the proposed deal OO is only a throw-in if you consider Dyson a throw-in.  Both are young guys with talent that have been blocked from taking on bigger roles.

Daniels has real talent.  He has the makings of a high-level wing stopper that also provides secondary playmaking/ball handling.  If his shot comes around he could be alot better than Herb Jones.  Big if obviously, but OO has question marks as well.

• Moderators
3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Depends on what the roster looks like. 

I guess that is the question i'm asking.  I'm betting we go into the season counting on a lot of young guys to play big roles. 

You can keep your Ant 🐜’s.. 

Why on 🌍 would we do this? Make it make sense as Burd says wtf is this?

Magic Receive: Trae Young and Michael Porter Jr.

Magic Lose: Jonathan Isaac, Cole Anthony, Anthony Black, a 2025 first-round pick, a 2027 first-round pick and a 2029 first-round pick

Hawks Receive: Cole Anthony, Anthony Black, a 2024 first-round pick from Denver, a 2025 first-round pick from Orlando, a 2027 first-round pick from Orlando and a 2029 first-round pick from Orlando

Hawks Lose: Trae Young, Bogdan Bogdanović and a 2030 first-round pick swap with Denver

Nuggets Receive: Jonathan Isaac, Bogdan Bogdanović and a 2030 first-round pick swap

Nuggets Lose: Michael Porter Jr. and a 2024 first-round pick

ANDY BAILEY? WHO da faq!

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

You can keep your Ant 🐜’s.. 

Why on 🌍 would we do this? Make it make sense as Burd says wtf is this?

Magic Receive: Trae Young and Michael Porter Jr.

Magic Lose: Jonathan Isaac, Cole Anthony, Anthony Black, a 2025 first-round pick, a 2027 first-round pick and a 2029 first-round pick

Hawks Receive: Cole Anthony, Anthony Black, a 2024 first-round pick from Denver, a 2025 first-round pick from Orlando, a 2027 first-round pick from Orlando and a 2029 first-round pick from Orlando

Hawks Lose: Trae Young, Bogdan Bogdanović and a 2030 first-round pick swap with Denver

Nuggets Receive: Jonathan Isaac, Bogdan Bogdanović and a 2030 first-round pick swap

Nuggets Lose: Michael Porter Jr. and a 2024 first-round pick

ANDY BAILEY? WHO da faq!

WTF is this? :blanky::laugh1:

I already poopoo-ed their Cole plus picks for Murray on their board. Hawks should be looking for commensurate level talent for DJ, not low hanging fruit.

• Haha 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Packfill said:

In the proposed deal OO is only a throw-in if you consider Dyson a throw-in.  Both are young guys with talent that have been blocked from taking on bigger roles.

Daniels has real talent.  He has the makings of a high-level wing stopper that also provides secondary playmaking/ball handling.  If his shot comes around he could be alot better than Herb Jones.  Big if obviously, but OO has question marks as well.

I think that is a false equivalency.  OO's biggest stumbling block in terms of performance has been his health.  He has consistently put up nice numbers and lineups around him have been strong performers.  When the Hawks have important games, he is absolutely an important part of the rotation.  Even as a rookie, OO had some big playoff minutes.  Fundamentally, there might be things you'd like to see better from him but he doesn't have any holes in his game.

Daniels conversely gets cut out of the rotation in the important games for NO.  He also has a huge hole in his game with his jumper.  31% 3pt% isn't going to cut it.  Somehow even OO had a better 3pt% than Dyson this year.  As a guard that is a pretty massive issue for him.

I just don't see them as being on the same level right now.  Dyson has potential for sure but he might not be part of your playoff rotation at all next year like he wasn't this year.

• Like 2