SG-Juan Carlos "La bomba" Navarro

SF-Carlos Jimenez

PF-Jorge Garbajosa

C- Pau Gasol

key reserves

PG Sergio Rodriguez

SG Rudy Fernandez

PF Felipe Reyes

my american friends, it won't be a piece of cake for you to win it all, just take a look at these names. Familiar, uh?

Have memory and remember how Argentina and Spain kicked your butt in the past, and avoid making those comentaries like "Team USA will kick butt". You have a chance to win, obviouslly given the level of talent your players present, but don't fall in ignoring other teams strenght's again like in Indianapolis 2002 and Athens 2004

So they have a few NBA level talents... woohoo... aside from pau gasol, none of them are going to be that big a deal for the US to beat. As much as I hate saying it, its true. USA should torch every other team out there, my NZ boys included, sadly...

...but...

by 2008, sergio and rudy for spain will have developed, and they could be really dangerous.

but as of right now, its a no question. USA owns us foregners.

Quote:

imagine how the USA will match against those teams

Argentina

PG- Juan "Pepe" Sanchez

SG- Emanuel "Manu" Ginobili

SF- Andres "Chapu" Nocioni

PF- Ruben Wolkowyski

C- Fabricio Oberto

key reserves

PG Pablo Prigioni

SG Carlos Delfino

SF Walter Herrmann

PF Luis Scola

Spain

PG-Jose Luis Calderon

SG-Juan Carlos "La bomba" Navarro

SF-Carlos Jimenez

PF-Jorge Garbajosa

C- Pau Gasol

key reserves

PG Sergio Rodriguez

SG Rudy Fernandez

PF Felipe Reyes

my american friends, it won't be a piece of cake for you to win it all, just take a look at these names. Familiar, uh?

Have memory and remember how Argentina and Spain kicked your butt in the past, and avoid making those comentaries like "Team USA will kick butt". You have a chance to win, obviouslly given the level of talent your players present, but don't fall in ignoring other teams strenght's again like in Indianapolis 2002 and Athens 2004

we "should" kill those squads.

Why shouldn't I? Ginobli is a guard. the US has Bruce Bowen. enough said. and I'm not completely sold on Nocioni. don't get me wrong, I think he's a real good player, but america still outclasses them badly at Nocioni's position. I mean come on... Nocioni vs. Lebron... thats so one sided, its not even funny. espically concidering that by the olympics, Lebron will be even better than he is now.

is not a matter of individual talent, it's the way argentine players play as a TEAM, that makes them as a group, better than isolated parts of it. They still play the game in a way that is unconfortable for the USA, and for them, Oberto is not the 3rd string big man of the Spurs, is a smart, classy and fiery undersized center who will give them all that he's got. Manu and friends will be though to beat, remember what i say. Don't forget an unselfish PG in Pepe Sanchez who dominates the tempo of the game, and a skilled 4 in Luis Scola, plus Nocioni, Manu and the talented Delfino. They also have Wolkowyski, who sets the greatest screens in basketball and can hit the 3 pointer. They also play a simple offense based in ball movement and shared efforts.I am waiting to see a USA team that plays as a team the way Argentina showed the world in the past years. When the game is not only made of athletes that can jump to the roof but can't read a zone defense, can't hit an outside shot and can't defens flex offense.