• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jordan/Davis/AJC

hds428

Reading today's installment of Jeffery Denberg, color=red> several things popped out at me. But most telling was this blurb from junkmail:

"Emanual Davis recalled the team coming on the floor after a timeout and failing to run the right play. "We didn't know what to do," he said."

IMO, this illustrates my point about the coaching, it's just impossible to know if that's the source of the problems. What with confusion on the court and the utter lack of individuals being able to execute a coach's gameplan. "We didn't know what to do." I think that pretty much says it all. So Lon is calling plays and not the drooling braindead idiot that some have scapegoated him as, infact he does have a playbook, he does have a gameplan, but as junkmail so astutely put it...."We didn't know what to do." Unfortunately we live in a world of quick fixes and simple solutions, even if they're the wrong fixes and solutions, and once kneejerk reationism sets in, the lemmings come out of the woodwork bemaoning and parroting the current sentiment. Despite the fact that historically (with a very few exceptions) a mid season coaching change typically sets a franchise back even further that to just stay the course and make adjustments in the offseason, fire this guy or trade that guy is the simple solution. Firing Kruger may be the answer after all is said and done, but I personally have hung with this losing team for far too long to just jingoistically accept the current kneejerk quick fix hype that's being offered by the likes of the Two Live Stooges.

Another thing that jumped out at me was the quote from Jordan; ""It's a young team. They're struggling just like we are. They're trying to find their identity. They're going to have games where they stink up the place. They're going to have games where they beat good teams. They beat Detroit, and you've got to give them some respect. It's still a young season. I wouldn't count them out." Translation: chemistry, chemistry, chemistry. You don't slap two new allstars into the starting lineup and expect an 82 win campaign from the first tip. So lemmings, calm down, I know you all want to be the visionary or clairvouyant who says 'I knew it all along', but in truth, we as fans really know nothing and speculation is at best, just speculation. He11, I myself called to the number the 33 wins we had last season.... pure luck. Keep that in mind when getting worked into a lather over a sports columnist or a post on a message board. Speculation, even from the most condescending know-it-all, is still just speculation.