• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Hawks coaching staff is living in a bubble

tarco69

Stubborn

Ive come to the realization that Zaza Pachulia cannot guard the floor he is standing on. The hawks are handicapped when he is on the floor, he plays entirely too much if the hawks should want to become a contender.

Why are so many plays run for him. If I am a coach why are so many plays going to pachulia in the post where he does not get doubled. (The entire reason for the post up is to get an open shot for a teammate or mismatch, at least that how the rest of the NBA does it). Why is it so hard for the Hawks. Everyone else gets doubled JJ, Marvin, Josh, Chilldress even newly acquired AJ they double them and the offense looks so fluent. I started to notice this watching the pheonix game when zaza was (gladly) not in the lineup.

I hate the philosophy of going to zaza so often. When he makes a play it always borders either in a turnover or offensive foul. And a black hole on offense.

Defensively his man that he is assigned to or switches to always has the advantage. Its like he is nailed to the floor.

Our offense should be in this order JJ, Marvin, Josh thats all you need everybody else is role players. (For instance we played Dallas recently every play involved their big three Dirk, Howard, Terry thats all they ran all night (some form of pick and roll) on us everyone else was role players.

Jus Venting

Agreed.. I kept waiting for Chill to post his man up or waiting for Woody to tell him to do so. At least shoot over him or something.

ZaZa is a solid backup. ugly or not, he provides some sort of post presence although he's not great at passing out of it. heck, i wish josh smith had the moves that zaza has postwise. zaza's main problems are that he's not quick on defense and gets floppy sometimes...his o rebounding is usually decent but last night was an exception.