• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK

Johann

Nothing new here, just me venting.

I've given him the benefit of the doubt until he proves himself wrong, which has now happened repeatedly.

By now it's unquestionable that he is not a gifted teambuilder or evaluator of talent. He passed on Deng, CP, Deron, Roy, Foye. That's too many fine (at mostly positions of dire need) players for me to ignore. I'm not buying the "insider health reports" BS any more, even if the AS still does.

So, he's not gifted. Even so, had he not made one glaring mistake that set in motion many others, he would have lucked into a fine core of players. That first mistake was Deng. Had he gone with the conventional wisdom, just followed (from what I understand) the majority of the mock drafts, rather than to try to outsmart all the scouts ala P. Babcock, he would have picked two near all-star forwards in that one draft. The next year, with the talent level of those two, he surely wouldn't have passed over Deron, his choice at pg, in favor of an unneeded and unproven forward. He also wouldn't have felt the need to lock up so much money on Speedy and AJ.

We still wouldn't have much at the center position, but that would be the only hole in what otherwise could be a championship caliber core. crash.gif