• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Question about Hawks draft party

WorldBFree

Got a call today about it.

Anyone on here going? For those who've been before, is it worth it?

i usually just watch drafts (nfl, nba) at my own house, but it sounds like it might be enjoyable to hang out with other Hawks fans and pray the team takes advantage of having two of the top 11 picks in what is being called one of the deepest drafts in years...

I was wondering the same thing for those who have gone in the past. I'm thinking about going as well. What exactly do the fans do there before, during and after the draft? BTW is there alcohol served?

Every person that asks about the draft party (myself included) asks if there's alcohol involved, which can only mean one thing (which sportswriters have been suggesting for years):

You'd have to be drunk to watch a Hawks game.

If you take the next step up the ladder from getting drunk to getting high, you can be the GM!

I've been to the Hawks draft parties for a decade or so now. To me, the old small parties with mainly sports commentators and 100 or so hardcore fans were the most fun. Last year at Phillips there were around 1000 people or so mainly just milling around. Some of the concession venues were open so you can at least have a beer and walk around. If you dont have to drive to far and have a few friends to hang around with you'll probably find the draft party worthwhile. Just dont get the wrong idea, it's not a party, more like an open house kinda thing.

Your pretty much on the money. I would recommend that folks take a buddy because there's not like an MC or something to constantly keep things moving. Your going to want someone there that you can talk to. There is alot of standing around and such. I think the ASG could make this much more of an event by adding some attractions and moving the main party area to the basketball court instead of the second level of Philips. It would allow folks to grab a seat and enjoy whats going on because from what I remember, it is very crowded and seating up on the Mezzanine is quite limited.

Bad things happen when I show up to their draft parties (not too many good things have happened when I stayed home either for that matter shrug.gif ). The times I went, the Hawks drafted Adam Keefe, Doug Edwards, Alan Henderson, Ed Gray, Jason Terry, Dion Glover, Cal Bowdler, Jumaine Jones, Dermarr Johnson, traded for SAR, the Joshes, and Marvin Williams.

Best believe that I'm staying put this time.