• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will ACIE be able to shoot the THREE?

bumpyphish1

He made lots of three's at A&M I feel like - and certainly some clutch ones (double OT texas game comes to mind). But, his shot is pretty ugly (but then again, so is Reggie Miller's) and his shooting was way off in summer league.

I think Acie's stroke could be the difference in him being a good PG and a great PG. What do you guys think? Can he make the adjustment to the NBA three?

I think it will be a very big positive if Acie reliably score to close out games, whether that be by hitting the open jumper or driving the ball. JJ sometimes forced it late in games last year, that's why Lue was so critical at times.

Otherwise, I think it's more critical that Acie just plays the point well and lets our other scorers carry the load. Of course I'm assuming he'll shoot better than Speedy even shooting with his offhand.

Quote:

He made lots of three's at A&M I feel like - and certainly some clutch ones (double OT texas game comes to mind). But, his shot is pretty ugly (but then again, so is Reggie Miller's) and his shooting was way off in summer league.

I think Acie's stroke could be the difference in him being a good PG and a great PG. What do you guys think? Can he make the adjustment to the NBA three?

Tough call. He shot a good percentage from the college 3 but he didn't shoot very many. His shot mechanics aren't the best and the NBA 3 is a long shot. I think he will do fine from midrange but from 3....i definitely have my doubts.

It may be a case where he works hard to become a serviceable 3-point shooter, we have seen a lot of guys develop their shots over time. This year he will be limited big time, and will likely not shoot many.

One part of Marvin's game that I wish he would work on better is his 3 point game. His range should be behind the line instead of right inside it. It's like his range expires right inside the line. If Marvin could become a solid 3-shooter, he would have an even easier time going to the rack. His overall mechanics are so nice there is really no reason why he hasn't gotten it done.

Quote:

It may be a case where he works hard to become a serviceable 3-point shooter, we have seen a lot of guys develop their shots over time. This year he will be limited big time, and will likely not shoot many.

One part of Marvin's game that I wish he would work on better is his 3 point game. His range should be behind the line instead of right inside it. It's like his range expires right inside the line. If Marvin could become a solid 3-shooter, he would have an even easier time going to the rack. His overall mechanics are so nice there is really no reason why he hasn't gotten it done.

With those strong legs and Queen Latifa butts he should have enough strength to rain threes.

A lot of NBA PGs come to the league without legit 3s but eventually get it. Law is strong enough and big enough to acquire it.