• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

3 choices for Hawks next coach

Hawksman

Well, there is really 5, but here are the top three cantidates for next year's Hawks head coach.

Terry Stotts: 24-31 .436 He was the kind of coach the Hawks needed. A coach that gets on the players for not doing things right, teaching them a lesson to respect eachother and him. He means buisness.

Paul Silas: 286-323 .470 Has taken the Hornets to the playoffs the last 4 years. Two of those years he has taken them past the first round. Was just fired. He has connections with the Hawks and was good friends with Pete Babcock (like that really matters now).

Doc Rivers: 170-158 .518 Was coach of the year in 2000. Has taken his Magic to the playoffs 3 of the 4 years he has coached them. Former great Hawk Point Guard.

Other coaches that might be considered are Jeff Van Gundy who's contract with New York runs out this summer and of course, "The Czar" Mike Fratello, the former Hawks great coach. MJ is being considered to come to Atlanta! Not for a coach but that would be great to have that kind of basketball mind here.

Dont forget however that JVG is not available until August (I believe) due to his current contract with the Knicks. That could/may have expire at the end of the season, I'm not sure.

Same with Doc - he's under contract for one more year.

Whether or not the respective clubs would be wiling to let their coaches walk without compensation is highly questionable.

I'm not sure what they'd (the teams) want in return, but it's something to keep in mind when trying to formulate opinions on these two options.

What about Fratello? you really think he's that much of a lock for NO or would you just really rather not consider him?