• Raised $390 of $700 target

Monday Insider Peep Show...not Friday's

Peep Show

By Chad Ford

NBA Insider

Send an Email to Chad Ford Monday, May 19

Updated: May 19

11:50 AM ET

Sacramento Kings: Owner Joe Maloof said he would give the Blazers permission to talk to GM Geoff Petrie is he's asked. "Nobody has called me," Maloof told the Sacramento Bee, "and Geoff has never said anything to me. I wouldn't want to bother him today. We all feel terrible. And everyone knows what we think about Geoff. Keeping him (when obtaining the franchise from Jim Thomas) was the best move we ever made. But he has to want to be here. I would never want to walk into my office and see someone turn sour, thinking, They never gave me my chance. He would never be happy. Let me add this, though: If they (the Blazers) come after Geoff, we would make it very, very difficult."

Memphis Grizzlies: Jerry West is employing a novel approach to evaluating draft candidates this year. Assistant coach Tony Barone explains. "We're going to do a better job of putting the players in a position where we feel they have to think about the game," Barone told the Memphis Grizzlies. "We're going to try to put them in situations where they have to make decisions. That's a major issue in the NBA. That's not tied to any regimented IQ. But there is a basketball IQ that comes out. We want to find out more in these workouts."

Orlando Magic: GM John Gabriel will do the drafting for the Magic this year, but that doesn't mean coach Doc Rivers isn't going to lobby. His favorite? Fellow Marquette alum Dwyane Wade. "I just started the smear campaign," Rivers told the Daytona Beach News Journal. "Let him sink."

Williams

Philadelphia 76ers: Monty Williams holds a $1 million option to return to the Sixers next season. The option is his, not the team's. "It's something I've got to talk to [Larry Brown] about,'' Williams told the Philly Daily News. "I need to figure out whether I fit in, I need to know what he thinks. I know my injuries really stopped me from being part of the puzzle.''

No matter what, keep Petrie with the team

Ailene Voisin / Sacramento Bee

Griz readying for the draft

Ronald Tillery / Memphis Commercial-Appeal

Gabriel: Have you drafted a Ford lately?

Ken Hornack / Daytona Beach News-Journal

Option on Williams' contract belongs to Monty

Phil Jasner / Philadelphia Daily News