• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Woodson Doesn't Understand Bonus Basketball

BusBoyIsBack

Quote:

How is this Woody's Fault?

He is not in the game!

At some point as a coach, you have to make sure that point hits home.

You have to pretty much call a TO and demand that your players drive the basketball in those situations.

No excuses for all those jump shots and shot clock debacles when all you have to do is get touched and you're shooting FTs

In all fairness, the other coach can prevent this. Did you happen to miss the fact that the Heat went to a zone in that quarter as soon as they got in the bonus. It's hard enough to drive on a zone let alone one with Shaq in the middle??

Sometimes I really question the basketball IQ of this board. If we drove and got trapped it would have been Woody's fault for not putting in shooters. Instead he went small and was trying to get the advantage, and he still gets blasted? Sometimes you can't win around here.

Quote:

In all fairness, the other coach can prevent this. Did you happen to miss the fact that the Heat went to a zone in that quarter as soon as they got in the bonus. It's hard enough to drive on a zone let alone one with Shaq in the middle??

Sometimes I really question the basketball IQ of this board. If we drove and got trapped it would have been Woody's fault for not putting in shooters. Instead he went small and was trying to get the advantage, and he still gets blasted? Sometimes you can't win around here.

I posted this before we won the game.

I posted it after we had a 7 point lead 7 minutes to go IN THE BONUS

Come on man, at some point you have to get to the free throw line with that type of edge

7 minutes?

ZOne or no Zone it's no excuse for the half court garbage we had to let the Heat back in the game