• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This Team Needs some Magic...Literally

JaHawk10

OK, venting time...

It's been close to 2 months and this sale hasn't gone thru yet? Thanks AOL. Now i know why i cancelled my subscription w/ you. Not only is your online service slow, but so are your business deals. Anyway, I think that if McDavid can't buy this team, the perfect man to rescue the Hawks is none other than Magic Johnson. That's a no brainer. The guy has been wanting to own a team for years now. He has many business ventures in the "A". And for God's sake he has a basketball mind. Perfect Fit. IF he could buy this team, he'd bring instant credibility to the franchise, along with a winning attitude. And I know he would bring fans back (as if they ever were there) to the Phil'. This man could sell (insert explitive starting with "S" here) if he wanted. I know he could sell this team to the state of GA. Not only that, but he would recognize that the franchise's greatest player should NOT be sitting behind the bench, with clipboard in hand as if he's on an internship. Magic would give 'Nique part ownership and a REAL position with this franchise. The 2 of them would make the game experience a great one. I can see these guys sitting courtside a la the Maloofs in Sac and Cubes in Dallas cheering on the team at EVERY game. Not just one playoff game in 6 years like Ted did. No offense to the McDavid guy. I don't know him from Adam, but if he's not willing to be there at the games and sell this team like people say he can, I dont want him. He can just stay in Texas for all I care. But i know the combination of Magic and 'Nique will bring a basketball vibe to the "A". I think we do have some pieces that can win and contend, but more does need to be done. I'm just tired of these people running the team who are only concerned about getting money and pleasing themselves. If I were owner my first and last priority would be the Hawks, not the Braves and Thrashers, just the Hawks. Thats the kind of owner I want. Yeah i know this may be a pipe dream of mass proportions, but hey....its the morning after Saturday nite. What do you expect? I guess i'll return back to my regular self, and have fun again....

Venting session over...