• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Marion nor Banks will be allowed to play

Brotha2ThaNite

This makes me feel a little better. I hope the Hawks stomp them into the ground of this bullcrap.

AJC reports Marion and Banks will not be able to play in the make over game.

Quote:

Trade affects Hawks-Heat replay

Posted: Thursday February 07, 2008 07:38AM ET

The Hawks' March 8 make-up game, actually the final 51.9 seconds of a previous game, with Miami took a serious hit Wednesday when the Heat traded Shaquille O'Neal to Phoenix for Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks. The Hawks' Dec. 19 victory over the Heat was vacated after the NBA upheld the Heat's protest of a scorekeeper's error. O'Neal fouled out of the contest with 51.9 seconds to play in overtime but had only five fouls when he was disqualified from the game, not six as the scorekeeper said. Now that he's no longer a member of the Heat, he won't be around for the replay. "As far as I'm concerned there's no reason to even bother with the replay," said Hawks captain and All-Star Joe Johnson. "If Shaq's not going to be here, what's the point?" The Hawks won't be that lucky. Even without O'Neal, the replay will go on. But there are stipulations. Neither Marion nor Banks will be allowed to play. But they will be allowed to play in the regularly scheduled game, which will begin after the replay is completed.

This gets more absurd by the day.

The whole point was that Shaq was taken out of the game before he should have been. If Shaq can't play in that last 50 seconds, then what's the point? Miami should show some class and retract their protest.

Quote:

The whole point was that Shaq was taken out of the game before he should have been. If Shaq can't play in that last 50 seconds, then what's the point? Miami should show some class and retract their protest.

It'd actually be better for them if they did so that they could get better draft position, LOL.

Quote:

Quote:

It'd actually be better for them if they did so that they could get better draft position, LOL.

Bingo! lol

But I think the league is doing this just to let us know it wasn't a Shaq thing. It is more a Hawks score table thing.