• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Trade should have taken place during offseason

Blunt91

Steve Nash said after the suns game last night that the team is still in "training camp" when it comes to learning how to play with Shaq. I think the same thing applies with the Hawks but the Suns & other teams who made trades at the deadline have more than 1 proven scorer. Even though those teams might not be clicking just yet as far as the offense they still have enough scorers or shooters that can "bail them out" if the offense is getting stagnet or if the team is committing alot of turnovers. The Hawks do not have tha luxury.

I also think our team for some reason has a slow learning curve. Guys like Marvin Williams and to some extent Josh Smith are still playing like they are in their 1st or 2nd seson in the league. Smith & Williams shouldn't be turning the ball over as much as they are in their 3rd & 4th season. Marvin should have elevated his offensive game to more than just a spot up midrange shooter. I don't know whether that is a reflection on the players themselves or the coaches.

I just think with this team it will be close to the end of the regular season or next season before we see how good they could really be togther.

Quote:

Steve Nash said after the suns game last night that the team is still in "training camp" when it comes to learning how to play with Shaq. I think the same thing applies with the Hawks but the Suns & other teams who made trades at the deadline have more than 1 proven scorer. Even though those teams might not be clicking just yet as far as the offense they still have enough scorers or shooters that can "bail them out" if the offense is getting stagnet or if the team is committing alot of turnovers. The Hawks do not have tha luxury.

I also think our team for some reason has a slow learning curve. Guys like Marvin Williams and to some extent Josh Smith are still playing like they are in their 1st or 2nd seson in the league. Smith & Williams shouldn't be turning the ball over as much as they are in their 3rd & 4th season. Marvin should have elevated his offensive game to more than just a spot up midrange shooter. I don't know whether that is a reflection on the players themselves or the coaches.

I just think with this team it will be close to the end of the regular season or next season before we see how good they could really be togther.

I don't know if the Bibby trade will make us better in the long run, but that was the reason for the trade - long run, not for just this season.

It may have been better to have agreed on the deal and wait until the end of the season to execute it, but in reality you have to strike when the iron's hot and make a deal when you can. The Hawks' situation is different from the Suns' because the Suns are playing for a championship. We're still "under construction".

Disrupting our average to below average success to make the Bibby trade may have made us worse for this season in an effort to make us better in the future. But we're still about where we were before the trade - losing more than winning while sitting in the middle of the pack in a terrible conference.

The Suns may have disrupted a championship run in getting Shaq, and on top of that he's a guy that doesn't have much mileage left. They needed to be great immediately after getting Shaq. That deal's looking like an all time bust so far.

The Shaq deal was not a bust. That team was going nowhere fast, and they needed to make a move that would at least give them some kind of hope. They had the best record, but they hadn't played anyone.

Did you see the San Antonio game? Shaq played great. They're losing a lot of these games despite having Shaq, not because of him.