• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Another Night at the HI

Johann

The last time I spent the night at a Holiday Inn Express, and after consulting with the crystal ball which serves as a paperweight in my favorite room there, I brought you the inside scoop on the mysterious situation with Speedy Claxton, which has since unfolded as so revealed.

So now, the oracle will further reveal (this is no spoof on anybody, just a clever way of unleashing these astonishing insights):

1. The ownership rift has been settled, just awaiting the mechanics of evaluation and payment, and proper timing of public revelation.

2. At the time the sans-Belk AS members took undisputed rule of the team (shortly before the unceremonious dismissal of Bernie), BK and Woody were both told in no uncertain terms that they had best make the playoffs or look for work.

3. No guarantees that either would stay, but certain they would be gone with no playoff appearance.

4. At some point, BK saw with dismay that the playoffs were in jeopardy under Woody's deft tutelage.

5. BK tried to get AS to replace Woody with ANYBODY in an attempt to save his own skin.

6. AS told BK that they wouldn't go back on their word to Woody; if he made the playoffs, they would consider whether to keep him.

7. Nothing on the alleged Calderon deal. No info.

Do you by chance know why they have decided to retain Waddell with the Thrashers? I personally linked the recent announcement that Waddell would return as a sign that the divorce was far from settled. Because Waddell seems to be considered as poor of a hockey GM as BK is with basketball (except that Waddell is more likeable, as if that matters). I truly hope that your Holiday Inntel is accurate. It just seems like if all is resolved, they would be ready to wipe the slate clean across both teams and show fans that they are ready to truly build a winner, by hiring the proper day-to-day managers of those winter teams.