• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We need our own "Big 3"

Johnnybravo4

Quote:

Um, maybe the Clips do the trade because they suck. Both Magg and Brand have player options and they will both opt out. Livingston probably won't be any kind of threat he could of become. Somebody will offer Brand a near max contract and this will probably be his last big money contract so it would be foolish for him to stay being 29 and coming off an achilles injury.

This is not NBA Live where players always play at a high level (cough shaq) simply off their reputation. Injuries take place, players age, players lose ability, it happens.

Um, Squirt those stats are slightly different except for Marvin averaging more than 7 minutes per. If you ask any GM right now who are playoff ready, most would take A. Thornton over MW.

So please explain how trading Chris Kaman for Mike Bibby and Zaza would help LA not suck? Even assuming that both of those guys opt out, Kaman would still be the guy they'd want to build around.

And while you're at it, could you also explain why Al Thornton is better than Marvin? I mean, I know Thornton hits less of his shots from the field and the line, he grabs fewer rebounds, generates steals at about half the rate Marvin does, he gets fewer assists, and he turns the ball over more, but other than that, how is he better than Marvin?

Look, if you don't like Marvin, that's not uncommon. I am pretty disappointed in the season he had too. But saying you wish he was as good as a rookie who's three years older than him and statistically worse in nearly every category is a pretty strange statement, the opinions of the league's GMs with whom you're apparently very familiar notwithstanding.

Wow, ok Hater I see you've become quite the resident statistician. Let us go over this slowly.

Adjusted minutes to compare stats

Marvin's Career Season Totals

Year : 07-08 Team : ATL GS : 80 MIN : 2765 FG% : 46% 3P% : 10%

FT% : 82%

FGM-A : 424-918

3PM-A : 1*- 10

FTM-A : 336-409

OFF : 119

DEF : 338

REB : 457

AST : 137

STL : 81

BLK : 33

TO : 127

PF : 225

PTS : 1,185

Al's Total

Year : 07-08 Team : PTL G : 79 GS : 31 MIN : 2765 FG% : 43% 3P% : 33% FT% : 74%

FGM-A : 374-871

3PM-A : 54-165

FTM-A : 273-367

OFF : 124

DEF : 333

REB : 458

AST : 124

STL : 59

BLK : 54

TO : 163

PF : 250

PTS : 1,286

Where did I say Thornton was better than MW. I said played like him meaning - intensity, hunger, 3-pt. threat, explosiveness, etc. That is what Thornton has shown me playing in a rough conference with Cassell/Knight, as your pgs. Worst than A.J./Lue IMO.

Who said anybody hated him. I don't know if he killed a couple of dudes or save several children from fire or water.

One thing though is he is not meeting expectations. He was drafted here to be potentially the #1 option and the very least #2.

Tell me what you see now Sport.