• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Anybody got a boxscore from today's game?

dimes4life

I saw the game tonight:

Dickau got worked by Marcus Banks, he looked terrible. It was the speed factor; he was just to slow. Things were better in the second half because they switched defense and put Hansen, among others, on him. Banks looks like he will be good, of course this is summer league.

Diaw had a much better game. He is really fun to watch. He flashed to the basket and dunked, it was really spectacular. I have noticed though that he is prone to turnovers. In paticular, he carried the ball several times tonight. As you remember, he got whistled for that a bunch on Friday (I was there then to). I think some of that is adjusting to how the US calls games versus France.

We controlled the second half with Chris Porter looking really good. The biggest dissapointment though was Dickau who really looked downtrodden and lost out there. I hope he does better tommorow when I am there.

To be honest, the most amazing and sad thing about tonight was TJ Ford (the game that followed the Hawks game). He was amazing and had the crowd chanting "T.J.'s better" at Lebron. Before the game, he was dunking and this guy is tiny. He is amazingly fast, and he had some spectacular drives and passes. I think that he will be something to see as the Bucks grow and rebuild. We really missed out on some major talent (Banks and Ford) when we gave up that pick for Robinson.

Well, the starters combined for 29 points. Dickau had 7 points on a terrible shooting night (3 for 10, 1 of 5 from 3P) and had 2 assists. Boris Diaw scored 8 points on 2 of 7 shooting (4 of 6 from FT line), had 6 rebounds, but he had 1 assist to 5 turnovers. Looks like teams are starting to key on him a bit.

Jerry Holman had 8 points and 9 rebounds with 1 block.

The leaders of the team were Charles Smith, who had 16 points, Tommy Adams who picked up 15 points, and Chris Porter who scored 14 points, grabbed 6 rebounds, 2 assists, and 2 steals.

Corey Benjamin got a DNP - coach's decision. I think the Hawks know they are going to sign him to a contract and bring him to camp. They don't have to play him.

With one game left, these are the guys I think the Hawks will bring to camp off this team. The obvious ones are Dan Dickau, Boris Diaw, and Travis Hansen. They all have contracts. I think they will add:

1. Corey Benjamin SG

2. Chris Porter SF

3. Jerry Holman PF

I think they will look around before bringing in Taj Holden or Elton Tyler as a 3rd center for training camp. Of the two, I think Holden may get the call, but I think the Hawks will see what is out there. They have to get some insurance because Nazr has a pin in his foot.