• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The Internet Pics are not those of Kobe's Accuser

JaHawk10

It was reported on Sportscenter that those pics that everybody has seen on the internet are of another young lady; no Kobe's accuser. They also stated that she was seen around town and was at the movies Friday nite. This thing is getting uglier and uglier...

J

JaHawk,

First off, I believe the news stations are reporting that because there is a lot of flak being taken about her privacy. It is probably her. I could care less, but my bet is that this is probably her.

As for her going out... who cares? Should she be a prisoner because she accuses someone of rape?

Do I think Kobe did it? I don't know, I wasn't there... I don't know the facts. It is highly probable. Atheletes are used to getting their way. Of course, this could also be some mistress on the side, and she got angry with him and wants to make him pay. Who knows besides those two?

Personally, I think there is not a chance in the world there will be a conviction on Kobe. Rape cases are typically found in the defendants favor due to the fact that most of the evidence is circumstantial. The burden of proof lies on the prosecuter to PROVE that Kobe did it... not for Kobe to prove he didn't. So, typically rape cases boil down to he said / she said... and that is not proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

This leads us to why the family immediately brought up a civil suit as you don't need a unanimous vote to get a conviction.

My money is that Kobe did rape this woman. She probably wanted to do it... it would be cool... but then backed out... Kobe isn't used to rejection and did it.

Isn't there two women in Toronto coming forward to testify that Kobe violated them too?

Play.

Lascar,

Like I said, Kobe probably did do it, but there is little chance of a criminal conviction.

He will be aquitted on the ciminal side and found guilty on the civil side -- if Kobe doesn't settle out of court first.

Did you hear he bought his wife a 4M ring as an "I'm Sorry" present?

Play.

Why I obviously don't know whether or not he did it or not, a couple of things:

a) could we start using the forums right...aka, this is around the league, post it there. It's not that hard.

b) Kobe is innocent until proven guilty.

c) Kobe's said they had sex, she's got to prove that he forced her to do this. That's going to be hard, harder still with her recent od history, harder still given the fact that she just "went on back to his room thinking that he wanted to hang out with her?,"???, (it'll be interesting to see what movie they ordered.

d) keep in mind that Kobe had just had his knee scoped, so wasn't exactly super mobile or anything, making it even harder for him to physically force anyone to do anything...

Hotlanta,

There is no getting off light. It is either rape or not. If you rape someone in that state, there are minimums that the law can give you.

I do not believe that they would go that route.

He will be aquitted and then found guilty on the civil side. Or if he is found guilty, he will settle out of court on the civil case.

There is little chance of handing down a conviction on a rape case. Rape is too difficult to prove. I think the stat of aquittals to convictions is staggering.

It comes down to a character battle. Kobe has a clean upbringing and no record. She is a bit on the ka-razy side.

It will be her word against his. They admitted they had sex. Bruises mean little as it could be rough sex, it is only to cast some doubt.

Cases are tried on FACT and there is no fact in this case. Testimony and the like is irrelavant... a jurer is only allowed to look at evidence in the case. There is no evidence.

I think he did it, but on a criminal case - it takes more than think. You have to KNOW.

Play.

Weasel,

I know this isn't the correct forum, but not many people check out the other areas ... and little is going on in the world of Hawks ball.

If one cannot pass this by, I don't know... it would just seem lame.

I know we should use the board correctly, but right now we are in the offseason... let's chat a bit if it is about basketball. Things are slow.

Play.

The DA's only interest is in getting this case right, and he said that based on all the evidence he can prove beyond reasonable doubt that he raped her. Therefore I'm going by that. I hate to get graphic, but if she's bruised up, or there is evidence in her genital area that there was forced penetration, or if people in neighboring rooms heard a struggle, this easily can be proved. If so, I can't see him not doing jail time.

Lascar,

I hope this is proof enough, but in the history of rape cases it is decided more on character.

I think he did it.

But, it is a hard sell. The burden of proof is on the prosecution ... the prosecutors are the DAs. The DAs make squat.

Kobe will have the best lawyers money can buy.

Our legal systme was designed so money buys wins.

Chances of conviction are slim.

The defense will point out that bruises are indicitive of rough sex. Kobe likes it rough. There are no claw marks or bruises on Kobe, and Kobe had a bad knee and was on medication. Where is the struggle?

As for forced penetration... she was excited. She's a groupie. She wasn't "ready" for penetration so the skin torn slightly. But, this isn't proof of sex.

As for the people next door, that is hear-say. The sounds they heard were from two adults engaged in consensual, rough sex.

I hate to say it ... but how do you prove these things? I want Kobe to go down for this one, but in all likelyhood... he won't. The precident is that it needs to be proven beyond a doubt. So, without a camera... someone else in the room who admits to it... someone oversaw it... prior convictions... a very poor character ... or intense physical bruising ... it is darn near impossible to prove.

Play.

I agree with you. I am not going to say that I hope he goes down for this, because I dont know for sure if he is guilty or not. I would love to see him get punished somehow for adultery because we know he is guilty of that, but thats not going to happen. If he raped this girl I hope that he gets prison time, but even if they prove that he raped her, he will probably just get many many years on probation. I think I heard that he could get 20 to life on probation or something like that. However, with his big money lawyers I seriously doubt that he will get convicted. All it takes is 1 jury member to be torn right?