• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tired of the "we need a sf" talk...

What we need is a sg, hopefully one with some decent range on his shot and slashing instincts and athleticism/size...aka, DJ + slashing instincts.

Why go with a vet for a sg that won't help a rebuliding team in the long run? Go with a gun like Stephen Jackson, take a chance. It's not going ot hurt anything this season to give him a three year deal...that's the safe way to do things...or perhaps a two year deal, with a team option for the third (to keep bird rights if he works out).

Wasting time prolonging a nice role-player/sniper's career so he can start here when he should e helping a team win from the bench is pointless.

Diaw's a sf, a point forward type of player that plays D and distributes the ball. Accept that. I shuddered when we were oging to play him at sg...and am very glad that wwe're not anymore...

I think Stephen Jackson is the player Knight will pursue with the exception. Knight has already shown that he doesn't fear taking a chance. I think this will bear out in future drafts as well, if he keeps the job (which I think he will). You will see the Hawks taking more high school kids with potential and international players in the future, IMO.

Pete was a guy who was afraid to take a chance, and when he did, it blew up in his face (JR Rider and Glenn Robinson come to mind). He tended to go with the "safe" moves.

But, I think Stephen Jackson will be the Hawks starting shooting guard next season, and he very well could be a good fit.