• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

How will this sell to the general fan base????

MoonKnight

I am somewhat surprised that Stotts was retained considering the rumors floating about McDavid's desire to sign a big name coach. I had guessed that signing a big name coach was his way of exciting the local ATL fan base. So what does today's news mean? Either the proposed sell has a ways to go (which is the likely reason) or may not go at all (less likely). Either way how is McDavid going to sell this team to the city?? If the sell occurs before the season begins McDavid will have to make some drastic move to excite the fan base or be stuck with status quo perception among the locals. If the team cannot make a trade for a marketable player (very unlikely) then he may have to do something like lowering the ticket prices to get people in the door. The risk of only lowering the ticket prices could mean an even more hostile home crowd to the home team as more transplants cheer the visiting teams. Local fans will expect an Arthur Blank like transformation for the near future and given the circumstances, I don't see how McDavid can do this at this time of the year. This appears to be quickly turning into a no win situation for the McDavid group. Thoughts?

I never really believed all of Diesel's posturing that McDavid didnt have enough money but this makes me wonder whether maybe he's right. I wouldnt have guessed that McDavid would have actually made a non-basketball man GM but I would have thought he would have at least felt that a bigname coach was needed, if nothing else just to get up fan interest. Maybe the plan is get a cheap solid coach and then make the fan favorite Domique the top assistant. That would still help fan interest.

We should have a more coachable team next year, maybe Stotts will surprise us. If not maybe ticket prices will go down, or if not at least it'll be easy to get good ones!!

I'm not sure Nique should go into coaching. I'd like to see him higher up in the organization. If McDavid is a smart man, he'll get him a good job. Atlanta needs to establish a sense of legacy and team history.

And I agree that McDavid needs to make some noise, but I think there's nothing that tells me he needs to do it immediately. If the team doesn't perform, he can still make major moves later in the season, or during the offseason. If anything can save this team, it's new ownership, and it's on the way even though it's taking its sweet @ss time. We're going from owners who view the hawks as a headache to a basketball enthusiast. That alone is great. We'll be ok