• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Doing the math

Gray Mule

:beer:

Wow! 3-0 feels SO great and it is great. Winning on the road, 2-0, and against the top competition is even better.

With our 3-0 record behind us, which now can't be changed or challanged, let's do some simple math. Just suppose the Hawks only play .500 ball for the next 40 games. That would be 20-20. If the terrible had happened and we had lost those first three games things would look so diferent:

Under this example, now we would end up:

23-20 and not looking too bad, considering where many thought we would end up.

If, on the other hand, lose those first three:

20-23 and fighting to get up to .500 for the season.

Quiet a difference, isn't it. That's why I am so pleased with our start. Having to battle up hill is such a drag. Just when you think you might make it, you lose one and feel so bad.

Not saying we will only win half of our next forty, but you get the picture.

A fast start means so much. Sure, it puts the pressure on to keep winning and have a good game. But, there's no desperation in feeling you must win. Removes a lot of pressure and I believe makes winning that next game easier.

:biggrin:

GO HAWKS!!!

Wow! 3-0 feels SO great and it is great. Winning on the road, 2-0, and against the top competition is even better.

With our 3-0 record behind us, which now can't be changed or challanged, let's do some simple math. Just suppose the Hawks only play .500 ball for the next 40 games. That would be 20-20. If the terrible had happened and we had lost those first three games things would look so diferent:

Quiet a difference, isn't it. That's why I am so pleased with our start. Having to battle up hill is such a drag. Just when you think you might make it, you lose one and feel so bad.

A fast start means so much. Sure, it puts the pressure on to keep winning and have a good game. But, there's no desperation in feeling you must win. Removes a lot of pressure and I believe makes winning that next game easier.

GO HAWKS!!!

I never thought of it like that. You make a very good point.

I still remember the 13-0 Braves start. It made the rest of the season easier.

Edited by Vesper

GO HAWKS!!!

Agree 100%, especially when early Vs come against quality teams. That means there are fewer "must win" games against tough competition later in the season.

Another way to think of it is this, most pundits predicted we'd go 37-45 again, at 3-0 that means we'd only win 34 more games from here on out. The fact that going 34-45 from this point seems more unrealistic than going 37-45 from day 1 means that we are more likely to exceed expectations than to meet/fall short of them.

A lot of work left to be done but every win counts!