• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

I hope HAWKS fans turn up in droves tonight

jhay610

I know we were all pleasantly surprised last year when Boston came to town to see people from Atlanta actually repping an ATL team, but this is a different animal.

The C's didn't have an NBA messiah on that team, and this is very much a superstar-driven sports market (speaking of Atlanta fans). Kobe and Bron have a much bigger market share in ATL than Joe Johnson or Josh Smith.

Plus, the team is battered, hurting, and nearly beaten, so people aren't expecting much.

I would hate to see a bunch of front-runners turn up in LBJ jerseys and embarrass us (once again) in front of the national media. If the Cavs jump out to an early lead you just might hear a lot of cheering.

I'm ATL born and bred, and I love my city, but this is one thing that peeves me to no end about the Atlanta sports culture. I hope the fans go down swinging, repping Atlanta to the full, even if the players don't.

Sad but true. Even if we get a bunch of ATL fans in the seats and no LeBrouches in the stands, we won't get loud unless we're winning or go on a huge run. Phillips is an awesome venue, but the fans make it an embarrassment to watch on TV. I love my Hawks, but sometimes I hate my Hawk nation. Get live people!!!