Probable starters:
Mike Bibby

PG Mike Conley

Joe Johnson SG O.J. Mayo

Marvin Williams

SF Rudy Gay

Josh Smith PF Zach Randolph

Al Horford C Marc Gasol

Hawks Injury Report: Zaza Pachulia is out, which is sad. He always gets up for games against other European centers.

Grizzlies Injury Report: Darrell Arthur is expected to play

Blogging With the Enemy: Straight Outta Vancouver

Predicted bane of the Hawks existence: Zach Randolph

Game Preview:

I remember when I would go to games during the 2007-2008 season and not liking it. I was actually pretty disenchanted blogging about the Hawks going into that Celtics series. You see I had become so used to horribleness. I went to games in 2005 and enjoyed the glimpses of good and laughed at the other 44 minutes. Being that bad for so long was not fun exactly, but it was freeing. Then came playoff contention or at least playoff talk and games mattered. Those dumb Josh Smith shots were not longer comical. Woody's coaching actually mattered. It was a tough adjustment. It needed a series like the Celtics.

I kind of feel that is where Memphis is. They have not made the some quantum jump like the Thunder (although they are going to win more than 37 games), but ineptitude is gone. It is a tough place to be in, and especially amidst the ups and downs of 82 games. I feel bad for Memphis in a way, but because I know know no single game can propel a team out of this limbo, I have no problem with the Hawks totally dismantling this team as it sits in one of the team's low points. So please Hawks, show no mercy. Please Hawks, Memphis now takes advantage of mercy.

Keys to the Game:

1. If Marvin Williams can have some semblance of offense, the Grizzlies really have no answer for Joe Johnson. Patience is still needed, but patience should reward.
  2. Not let Marc Gasol get anything easy. He is going to try really hard. If that effort is not rewarded with easy rebounds and buckets, the Hawks should be alright.
  3. Someone on the front court counter the bucket getting machine that is Zach Randolph.

Go Hawks!

di
di

View the full article