• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

I just heard on ESPN "RIGHT NOW" update that...

AnthonyI11

Big Z is still UNDECIDED on where he will sign. It was quoted from Big Z's Agent that Z has NOT decided where to go and that the ATLANTA HAWKS are still in the running. No other team was mentioned that is in contention of getting Big Z other then the Cavs and the Hawks.

Looks like Sund is going hard after him. Maybe we get him in a steal

Big Z is still UNDECIDED on where he will sign. It was quoted from Big Z's Agent that Z has NOT decided where to go and that the ATLANTA HAWKS are still in the running. No other team was mentioned that is in contention of getting Big Z other then the Cavs and the Hawks.

Looks like Sund is going hard after him. Maybe we get him in a steal

This is all BS. Z is going back to the Cavs, they just want to make it look legit.

Woody said he would start Z. so..

Bibby

Joe

Smoove

Horf

Z

Once again..for the 453th time..

Smoove is not a SF

Smoove is not a SF

Smoove is not a SF

Smoove is not a SF

Smoove is not a SF

And to answer someone..why would Joe stay just because of Z?? Z gives us badly needed depth, but it doesn't push us over the top.

Smoove is not a SF

Smoove is not a SF

Smoove is not a SF

Smoove is not a SF

Smoove is not a SF

• Like 1

Woody said he would start Z. so..

Bibby

Joe

Smoove

Horf

Z

Smoove is a SF

Smoove is a SF

Smoove is a SF

Smoove is a SF

Smoove is a SF

And to answer someone..why would Joe stay just because of Z?? Z gives us badly needed depth, but it doesn't push us over the top.

Smoove is a SF

Smoove is a SF

Smoove is a SF

Smoove is a SF

Smoove is a SF

FIXED

• Premium Member

Why is everyone so hung up on whether Smoove is a SF or not? Just start your five best players. The NBA has been doing that for years. Besides, Smoove's game is pretty darn close to that of a SF minus consistent outside shooting. The only reason people continue to argue about it is because "Smoove v Marv at SF" was a hot topic a few seasons ago.

The hawks biggest issue is when teams decide to basically zone up in the middle and force the Hawks to beat them from the outside. Z would help with that, but not if Smith is just being pushed to SF.

But all that said- I think far too much is made of who starts games. if they need to promise Z a starting job then go ahead and let him start and then 5 minutes in go from there.

Smoove is not a SF

Smoove is not a SF

Smoove is not a SF

Smoove is not a SF

Smoove is not a SF

This is so annoying. What exactly does a SF have to be MVP? Does he have to be "Silk" Wilkes - or Goerge Gervin? Wasn't Dennis Rodman a SF? Rodman couldn't hit a bull in the @ss with a bass fiddle from the perimeter...yet he was an awesome rebounder and a very physical intimidator in the paint. If I'm not mistaken Detroit won a championship with Rodman at SF.

But Rodman had one thing Smoove doesn't have - a center who could shoot. Having a shooting center (Laimbeer in this case) replaces the missing skill set. Why is it better to have a slow-footed #3 who can sometimes shoot from the outside over a guy who can do everything else 10 times better? help%20wanted3.gif

• Like 1

I Would be so shocked if Z didnt go to the Cavs you know they are promising him all these things now that Shaq is gone starter spot minutes contract after the season blah blah. Z to the Cavs is the biggest lock out there NBA needs to fix this rule.

Yeah STF - it's so obvious that CLE has made promises to big Z.

• Moderators

Why is everyone so hung up on whether Smoove is a SF or not? Just start your five best players. The NBA has been doing that for years. Besides, Smoove's game is pretty darn close to that of a SF minus consistent outside shooting. The only reason people continue to argue about it is because "Smoove v Marv at SF" was a hot topic a few seasons ago.

My top 5 reasons Josh should not be a SF:

1. Josh needs to be kept away from the perimeter on offense. If you are planning to play your new C on the perimeter ala Marvin, this part is not a problem. Thus, I rank this as the most addressable issue if you are moving Josh to the 3 for a perimeter shooting big.

2. If Josh is near the perimeter more on offense, it removes his ability for putbacks and offensive rebounds. (Same issue).

3. Josh struggles with man perimeter defense on quicker players and holds up much better manning up PFs.

4. Josh can't rebound the ball from the perimeter on defense.

5. Josh needs to be kept near the paint for help defense on defense - not guarding perimeter gunners like Caron Butler or Paul Pierce. Taking him out to the perimeter minimizes the value of his help defense. These defensive issue are not solvable with Josh at small forward unless he is playing against a small forward who spends his time in the paint.

Edited by AHF

My top 5 reasons Josh should not be a SF:

1. Josh needs to be kept away from the perimeter on offense. If you are planning to play your new C on the perimeter ala Marvin, this part is not a problem. Thus, I rank this as the most addressable issue if you are moving Josh to the 3 for a perimeter shooting big.

2. If Josh is near the perimeter more on offense, it removes his ability for putbacks and offensive rebounds. (Same issue).

3. Josh struggles with man perimeter defense on quicker players and holds up much better manning up PFs.

4. Josh can't rebound the ball from the perimeter on defense.

5. Josh needs to be kept near the paint for help defense on defense - not guarding perimeter gunners like Caron Butler or Paul Pierce. Taking him out to the perimeter minimizes the value of his help defense. These defensive issue are not solvable with Josh at small forward unless he is playing against a small forward who spends his time in the paint.

Well I agree to a degree - but - just because Smoove would be at SF doesn't mean he has to be on the perimeter on offense...it really doesn't matter with our ISOs Also, with our switching defense Smoove is often on SFs (or even guards) anyway.

Add to that, just because Smoove isn't at PF doesn't mean we won't have a PF. Horford can get most of the rebounds that Smoove would have gotten at PF.

basically you're saying you expect Josh Smith to d up Paul Pierce, Lebron, Melo etc. Smoove is a terrible defender on the perimeter. Its not just about putting the best players on the floor. If thats the case, Craw should be starting. Marvin is our Starting SF until otherwise.

I really do not see a problem with Josh, Al and Big Z on the court. Offensiely "Big Z" will be himsilf moving away from the rim with the high post, mid-range shot and the three. Josh's game will not change,or shouldn't. Defensively we zone with Josh or Joe at the top often. the switchig is not be effected.

What's the problem?

I always thought Smoove would be a great 6th man like Ginobili. You know, an All Star that can start but he sits on the bench. Either way, he will play 36 to 40 mins per.

I would start

Bibby

Joe

Marvin

Horford

Z

Edited by nbasuperstar40