Probable starters:
Mike Bibby

PG Rafer Alston

Joe Johnson SG Dwyane Wade

Marvin Williams

SF Quentin Richardson
Josh Smith PF Michael Beasley
Al Horford C Jermaine O'Neal

Hawks Injury Report: None, but long term winning streaks have been on the DL all season.

Heat Injury Report: None

Blogging With the Enemy: 

Predicted bane of the Hawks existence: Every time I watch Wade he is the bane of my existence, and really this category has never had anything to do with the Hawks.

Game Preview:

Finishing up the the payback back to back with the Miami Heat, the Hawks have a very real chance to put together a solid win streak. The next four games are against the Knicks, Wizards, Pistons, and Nets. This is the tough game. That is not to say an eight game win streak is in the bag with a win tonight or even that an eight game win streak matters, but the Hawks have had one of the most inconsistent season among consistent teams you will ever see. A streak of consecutive wins would be nice. It would be calming. Especially when the two prolific guard scorers are shooting well.

Of course, most of you are cussing the computer or your phone because I am jinxing this team with all this talk of win streaks. But that is foolish yelling. The Hawks are the team all season that will beat Boston and then lose to Miami by 40 (that is the payback part of this game by the way). I can't jinx a team into something they already are, but it does articulate why a nice streak, even against mediocre to bad teams would soothe so many frayed edges. Not since mid December have the Hawks shown any consistency lasting longer than two or three games. Good or bad. There have been no bandwagon jumpers because the bandwagon changes directions every sixth day.

All that is to say I want to beat the Heat. It would be a nice road win, Wade would lose, and the Heat embarrassed the Hawks at home last time out and then at the peak of humiliation Daequan Cook hit another jumper shot. I see no good coming out of a loss. When that is the case, it is my motto to say "might as well win."

Keys to the game:

1. Stop Jermaine O'Neal from having his second 2005-esque performance of the season against the Hawks.
  2. With the screen switching, make Wade shoot jump shots and don't foul when he forces the drive.
  3. Dominate the three positions the Hawks have the advantage in and make Wade play defense in the fourth.
  4. Come on 50 point game Jamal. 

Go Hawks!

di
di

View the full article