• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Not the Biggest Woody Fan

jhay610

His defensive scheme hurts us when Zaza has to cover Jennings on the perimeter but the players are pretty boneheaded themselves and deserve a lot of blame. When Jennings backs the ball out on Zaza and has him iso'd everyone in the dam% building knows what's coming, yet there is still not even the first rotation when he blows by him. Not one help side defender and this little 140 pound toothpick waltzes right in and lays it in the cup without being contested. It's the playoffs - plant his bony posterior into the hardwood one time please! The "bad boy" pistons are churning in their graves.

I have not been a Woodson fan generally but that ish is not his fault. Also I am really getting tired of watching DPOY runner up Josh Smith make soft close outs because he wants to go for a block when the guards blow by him (Salmons seems to have no problem putting him in the cup on drives), or gamble out on the perimeter for a steal only to get beat back door for a layup. Unacceptable.

I will say I was getting frustrated when Woody pulled his "2 fouls means you can't play til the 2nd half" move on Horford because Zaza was getting abused on both ends. Woody's schemecan be effective when we have our athletic bigs on court but with Zaza it just doesn't work and I wish we had a backup plan for when he is on the floor.

There is plenty of blame to go around folks.

Edited by jhay610

well woody cant go deep on his bench to solve mathup problems and thats on sund we could have given this team a boost by one getting nate robinson when we found out teague wasnt ready and for the life of me why we didnt get one of those euro players that can dot the 3 knowing how if crawford goes cold we have no bench. ( we had a few euro players in camp) and i still say this we should have signed flip just to say thank you for last season for some reason he hasnt looked a s formidable on chiago as he did with us. but i knew that would come back to bite us in the azz. we have no guard in our starting unit that can drive and put pressure on the defense.

but my sore spot with woody is he finds no roles for his bench, you got radolph morris who is 6-11 and has developed a 10 ft.jumper. yea he is lacking on the defensive end but he just waisting away doing nothing for us and im begining to scratch my head about joe smith what did we get him for when we dont use him in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

In the past, I have been a HUGE Woodson hater, but I agree that it's not all on him. These last two games have been a team failure from top to bottom. Woody has to tell these guys to move the ball and the players actually have to do it. He also needs to break down the problems they're having with the switch and the players need to address it. He needs to get these guys fired up for these games and they need to come out and play like it means something. They're playing like they're intimidated. No confidence, no swagger, crying to the refs, lots of 1 on 1, and long jumpers.