• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Peachtree Hoops: GAME RECAP: Summer League Game 4 - Atlanta Hawks 97 D-League Select 86

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers
Atlanta Hawks' Alade Aminu tries to shoot over Milwaukee Bucks' Larry Sanders during an NBA summer league basketball game in Las Vegas on Thursday, July 15, 2010. (AP Photo/Laura Rauch)

More photos » Laura Rauch - AP

2 days ago: Atlanta Hawks' Alade Aminu tries to shoot over Milwaukee Bucks' Larry Sanders during an NBA summer league basketball game in Las Vegas on Thursday, July 15, 2010. (AP Photo/Laura Rauch)

Atlanta Hawks 97 D-League Select 86

Box Score

The talent level of the Milwaukee Bucks and D-League Select Summer League teams might not be as good as the Memphis Grizzlies or the San Antonio Spurs but once this Hawks club started to take care of the basketball they have shown that they can too play at a pretty high level. Whatever the reason, the Hawks evened their Summer League Record at 2-2 with a 97-86 victory over the D-League Select team Saturday Night. The Hawks had a Summer League low for them 10 turnovers and built a big lead that swelled to 20 points by half time. 

Jeff Teague and Jordan Crawford once again led the way for the Hawks. Teague finished with 19 points and 4 assists with only 1 turnover. A monumental improvement over just a few games ago. Jordan Crawford totaled 18 points and 3 assists on 6-11 shooting. He missed both of his attempts from deep but has shown a proficiency of attacking the basket and scoring. His total game has been one of the highlights of the Summer League Season. 

More After the Jump:

Trey Gilder and Jermareo Davidson impressed Saturday night as high energy guys. Davidson finished with 9 points and 7 rebounds but appeared to be everywhere. Trey Gilder finished with 10 points and 8 rebounds on a perfect 5-5 shooting. He was very opportunistic with his chances and it paid off for him. 

Georgia Tech product Alade Aminu finished with 8 points and 6 boards to go along with 3 blocked shots but still didn't feel like he impacted the game the way he did in the first game. He is long and an intriguing prospect but just appears that something is missing that prevents him from being solid consistently.

Richard Hendrix played a Summer League low 12 minutes for him but that had as much to do with the strong performance from Davidson as anything. Hendrix does an outstanding job of running the floor and establishing low post position early. At the very least I think he has probably done enough to secure a training camp invite.

James Augustine has played better as he has gotten more comfortable and finished with 8 points and 6 rebounds on 4-4 shooting. The Hawks big guys as a whole have done a lot better job of mixing it up inside over the last two Summer League Games and Augustine has shown a nice touch and nice footwork. He is just limited athletically but I think he could catch on as an end of the bench guy with some team out there.

Pape Sy made a surprise return during the first half only to shut it down in the second with the Hawks having a big lead. I haven't seen enough of him yet to make an actual opinion of him but what I have seen of the second half of game one and the first half of last night is intriguing. He is long but handles the ball so that you forget how long he really is. He struggled early with pressure but seems a lot more comfortable since the first half of that game. He didn't convert a field goal last night while attacking the basket but that will come with added strength. With that wingspan Sy should be a terrific defender.

Sergiy Gladyr struggled with his shot yet again going 0-4 from the floor in about 11 minutes of action. His shot has been off and he has appeared to be rushing his shot some. Although I will keep an open mind about him, I haven't seen anything to this point that makes me think he will ever be a factor in Atlanta. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

The Hawks will close out Summer League today at 6:30 against the Minnesota Timberwolves

di
di

View the full article