• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Peachtree Hoops: GAME RECAP: Summer League Game 5 - Atlanta Hawks 89 Minnesota Timberwolves 83

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers
Milwaukee Bucks' DeMarcus Nelson drives around Atlanta Hawks' Luke Jackson during an NBA summer league basketball game in Las Vegas on Thursday, July 15, 2010. (AP Photo/Laura Rauch)

More photos » Laura Rauch - AP

3 days ago: Milwaukee Bucks' DeMarcus Nelson drives around Atlanta Hawks' Luke Jackson during an NBA summer league basketball game in Las Vegas on Thursday, July 15, 2010. (AP Photo/Laura Rauch)

The Hawks wrapped up their Summer League Schedule with a 3-2 record thanks to a 89-83 victory over the Minnesota Timberwolves. This really was a fun game from start to finish as it was close throughout. The reason it was so close was due to countless turnovers from the Hawks. They totaled 23 in this one and Jordan Crawford had 9 by himself. Not to rain on any parade though, the team did look a lot different over the final three games of Summer League than they did in the first two. As the players got comfortable and Coach Lester Conner got across the idea of playing defense and competing then things improved dramatically. 

Jeff Teague had 15 points and 6 assists in the Summer League Finale. He seemed to settle down over the course of the week and really could get into the lane anytime he wanted. He scored with a variety of floaters and runners in the lane all week long. His jump shot was still either hit or miss.

Jordan Crawford made some tough decisions with the ball on Sunday but they will not put a damper on what he did overall. He finished with 15 points and 5 rebounds on 4-11 shooting going 0-3 from deep. He too showed a knack in summer league for being able to penetrate and get into the paint for either a score or to get to the free throw line. 

More after the Jump

Alade Aminu started off the Summer League season with a bang and kind of just coasted through the next few games before finishing on a high not Sunday. Aminu totaled 14 points 5 rebounds and 2 blocks Sunday in what was his most active game since the opener. He put up all of those numbers in just 19 minutes of playing time. 

Randolph Morris easily had his best scoring day with 13 points while only grabbing 2 rebounds in 19 minutes of action. I have felt like all along that Morris' lack of athleticism was going to cost him ultimately from being back with the Hawks. After reading this though, he could be next. 

Jamareo Davidson got some playing time late in summer league and I think he made the most of it. He has some NBA experience and gave the Hawks a lift with energy. He finished with 8 points and 7 rebounds on Sunday. I would like to see him brought in to Training Camp just to compete. 

Looking back through the other recaps I realized that I hadn't written much of anything about Luke Jackson. That really wasn't fair because after not playing much in the first game he was a factor the rest of the way. He may not have put up great numbers every night but his presence on the floor helped to open up lanes for Teague and Crawford. A back injury robbed him of a lot of the explosiveness he had coming out of Oregon but he is another guy that you wouldn't feel bad about giving a chance to. 

A complete Summer League Recap is coming on Tuesday with a player by player breakdown.  

di
di

View the full article