• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jet Terry is on his way back to the Hawks

Blunt91

Hawks Announce 5 p.m. Media Availability

The Atlanta Hawks have announced a 5 p.m. media availability today at the Hawks offices, and the team is expected to announce the re-signing of guard Jason Terry. Stay tuned to hawks.com for more details.

Transcript from hawks.com:

Jason Terry:

First of all, I’d like to thank God, my family, my agent Raymond Brothers, Stan Kasten, the rest of the Hawks and, of course, the reason we’re here, the new owners who came in about two weeks and made this situation happen for me.

I’d like to say this is where I’ve always wanted to be and hopefully we’ll work it out here and I’ll finish my career here as an Atlanta Hawk.

Billy Knight:

Obviously we feel Jason’s important to our team, not only for the immediate situation this coming season, but for years to come. He exemplifies everything we like in our players, the versatility to play more than one position, high character on the court and off the court. He’s everything we like. We look forward to a long relationship with him, even past the length of the contract.

Terry Stotts:

I just want to know now that you’re richer, if you’re still going to let my yell at you. You were the only guy I could really yell at and get away with it. I’m glad to have J.T. He made a lot of strides last year, and I’m happy for him. I think he’s proven that he’s one of the best point guards in the East and he’s the guy I felt we needed to have to be competitive this year and I’m excited to have him back.

Atlanta Spirit LLC Principal Steve Belkin:

We’re just really thrilled. We don’t own the team yet, but Time Warner agreed with our wishes to make this offer to J.T. We really think, not only is he a great player, he’s a great human being. We’re going to try and create a real team atmosphere, a real family atmosphere. You’re the personification of that, so we’re just thrilled that this is the start of a new beginning.

Q&A with Jason Terry:

Q: After you signed the Utah offer sheet, it sure sounded like you intended to go there. Did you have to take back any of the things you said?

A: I didn’t have to take them back. Utah is a great situation for any free agent to step into with the departure of Karl Malone and John Stockton. It was just one of the options I had to look at. Like I said from day one, I wanted to be here in Atlanta. My kids are in school now, they love it. This is the only place I wanted to be.

Q: Now that they’ve signed you, have they indicated that they’re going to go after some others?

A: I’ve already been on the phone. That’s the thing about Atlanta now. These new owners that have come in, the passions, the enthusiasm they’ve shown has brought be right behind them. I’m behind them 100 percent. I’ve already been on the phone talking to what free agents we have left, namely Stephen Jackson, trying to coerce him to come on down and join us. Hopefully it’ll play out and work for us.

----------------------------------------------------

I found 2 things interesting.

1. Belkin clearly says they're making the moves and AOL is agreeing to do what they ask as they know the sale is going through

2. JT really wants Stephen Jackson to come. I wonder how the hawks feel about it. We definitely shouldnt give him the money we wants but if we can get him cheap, I'm all for it