• Raised $390 of $700 target

Peachtree Hoops: NBA Power Rankings: Hawks Fall To #17 In SB Nation Rankings

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

Photo

Atlanta falls to No. 17 in this week's edition of SB Nation NBA Power Rankings:

Atlanta Hawks
 (37-26, Prev: #16) --
 The Hawks haven't exactly gotten worse since last year, but this is what happens when you tread water as your contemporaries feast on the blood of the young. Would anyone pick Atlanta over any team above it in the East standings in a seven-game series? Even Hawks fans are laughing!

I keep waiting on Tom Ziller to be wrong about this Hawks team where I can point it out. No such luck so far. 

The Hawks drop one spot in Marc Stein's ESPN.com Power Rankings checking in at No. 12

The feel-good factor after that big comeback to topple scorching Chicago didn't last long. The Hawks just became only the third team in Mike D'Antoni's three seasons to score fewer than 80 points against the
Knicks

As I said yesterday it feels like it is one step forward and then two steps back for this Atlanta team lately. 

Over at NBA.com, the Hawks drop two spots to No. 15 in John Schuhmann's rankings.

Atlanta
 (37-26)

Pace: 92.0 (27), Off: 103.6 (18), Def: 103.5 (13)

Only the Cavs and
Raptors
have regressed more offensively from last season than the Hawks.
Al Horford
was a beast (31 points and 16 rebounds) as they came back from 19 down against the
Bulls
, but he looked more like a pushover (four points on 2-for-8 shooting) as they laid down against the Knicks.

The Hawks check in at No. 17 in John Hollinger's daily rankings. 

di
di

View the full article