• Current Donation Goals

• Raised 390.00 USD of 700.00 USD target

Peachtree Hoops: Jamal Crawford Free Agency: Portland Interest Mutual

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

Atlanta Hawks guard Jamal Crawford slaps hands with fans as he leaves the court following the Hawks' 84-81 win over Orlando Magic in Game 6 of an NBA basketball Eastern Conference first-round playoff series in Atlanta, Thursday, April 28, 2011. The Heat knocked the Magic out of the playoffs. (AP Photo/John Bazemore)

Atlanta Hawks free agent guard Jamal Crawford participated in the Rip City Basketball Classic over the weekend and indicated that Portland would be one of the teams that he would consider in free agency once the NBA Lockout is over. Crawford has been openly recruited by the Blazers' LaMarcus Aldridge and his signing would potentially bring Crawford back home to the pacific northwest

"Yeah, definitely," Crawford said. "I've been watching the Blazers so long with Brandon [Roy] being one of my best friends. With LaMarcus here, Wes and Ray, it's almost close to a hometown team. I'm from Seattle. It's the closest thing we have to baketball right now."

Crawford has come off of the bench during his two year stint in Atlanta and received the Sixth Man of the Year award following the 2009-10 season. When asked what he could potentially bring to Portland, Crawford responded that he could bring a little bit of everything to the Blazers.

"I think I would bring a little bit of everything to Portland," Crawford said. "Scoring, creating for other people. Trying to make the game easier for my teammates... I think they're a team on the rise."

"Starting, coming off the bench, it doesn't really matter to me," Crawford said.

It remains to be seen whether or not Atlanta plans to pursue Crawford during free agency. With the Atlanta's current salary situation, it would appear that they would only be able to offer Crawford a contract at somewhat less than market value. With the emergence of Jeff Teague in the 2011 playoffs, the Hawks may choose to just cut ties with Crawford and go in a different direction. 

di
di

View the full article