• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Peachtree Hoops: NBA Lockout: Thursday Negotiations Open Thread

Hawksquawk

• Squawkers

NEW YORK, NY - NOVEMBER 10:  NBA Commissioner David Stern speaks at a press conference after NBA labor negotiations at the New York Helmsley Hotel in the early morning hours of November 10, 2011 in New York City.  (Photo by Patrick McDermott/Getty Images)

The NBA Lockout negotiations are scheduled to resume at noon on Thursday. Wednesday's talks lasted for 12 hours and as I talked about earlier, it seems that both sides are pushing hard to make a deal. Whether or not they can clear that last remaining hurdle remains to be seen but the negotiations are entering a critical juncture. 

It is possible that the two sides could keep negotiating into the weekend but if these talks break down without a deal then the situation will become extremely volatile with the players association likely seeking decertification which is a lengthy process that could put the 2011-12 season in jeopardy. 

I have tried to remain neutral on the situation as I disagree with both sides on many issues. Personally I don't think the union has done a great job in handling these negotiations but from my understanding of what I am reading, they have given some pretty big concessions in these negotiations. I have to feel that it is time for the owners to move on the remaining issues so that we can get back to what is important. 

We will be posting updates here throughout today's negotiations so consider this an open thread for lockout discussion. 

Update - David Aldridge reports that all parties have arrived and that negotiations should be underway

di
di

View the full article