• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Eurobasket 2015

Ebert

It will start in just one hour with Dennis playing against Iceland.

No one will follow it?

eurobasket.jpg

The best 4 teams of each group will pass.

%7B6954CE8D-ADC6-4BF4-84AF-2E3094FA6F89%

Sadly, Pero Antić is not playing.

But... guess who's playing for Georgia...

1.jpg

It will be a good Eurobasket since every country wants to be in the 2016 Olympics so almost every star like Dirk, Parker, Pau Gasol, Gallinari, Valanciunas, Antetokounmpo etc, is playing

There will also be a few absences (Marc Gasol the biggest) but not a lot.

The best two teams of the tournament will also qualify for the Olympics and from 3rd to 7th will have the right to play the qualification.

Here you have the official page of the tournament:

http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/default.asp

Well I will definitly watch it. Although germanys chances of getting out of the group are very slim.

I think Spain, Serbia, Italy and Germany will pass to the Final Phase. Do not underestimate your team.

Well turkey has a strong team, and they got pretty much homecourt advantage in Berlin aswell. Island should be last in the group. Spain and Serbia are untouchable so its 2 out of 3 with Germany, Turkey and Italy. But even 4th place is not good enough bc you will most likely face France

in the playoffs.

Edited by gonzo

Well turkey has a strong team, and they got pretty much homecourt advantage in Berlin aswell. Island should be last in the group. Spain and Serbia are untouchable so its 2 out of 3 with Germany, Turkey and Italy. But even 4th place is not good enough bc you will most likely face France

in the playoffs.

Italy was one of the best team the last Eurobasket. They may be the funniest team in the Eurobasket. I think they'll have no problems to pass and could even surprise some people and finish 1st or 2nd.

Turkey didn't play well the last Eurobasket and they aren't as good as they were a few years ago. Asik and Kanter are not playing either. It will be a tough group for sure.

Well somehow i can never take italy serious in any sport:D dunno why.

The first half looked okay to me, although i cant find live stats. I am really courious about dennis turnovers. His scoring and passing is really strong. He might be a completly new player when he joins the hawks next season.

Well somehow i can never take italy serious in any sport:D dunno why.

The first half looked okay to me, although i cant find live stats. I am really courious about dennis turnovers. His scoring and passing is really strong. He might be a completly new player when he joins the hawks next season.

http://live.fibaeurope.com/www/Game.aspx?acc=1&gameID=69735&lng=en

I thought Iceland would be a worse team, they fight hard.

I will attend all German games.

This 1st one was quite under control but then iceland made a run at the end and we had some problems to score. Way to many open missed shots by Gavel at the end. I wondered if iceland wanted him to shot. And their #9 was on fire.

I like King to play over Benzing but we have already lost 3 of 4 guys on the 4. This position seems to be cursed. I think Cuban wonders who will be the next 4 going down for Germany.

This game was the first time since Dirks return that made me think he is still able to help the team more than just a little bit.

Dennis had some great drives and finished with contact. Some unlucky defensive plays and a couple of avoidable turnovers. Hit only his 1st 3.

I'm really disappointed of Tibor Pleiß. He wasn't able to rebound or score vs a foot smaller players... I think he will look better against bigger and slower competitors...

Hopefully they get better - Serbia won vs Spain and will be a mich bigger challange tomorrow.

Edit: I hate German auto correction while writing in English...

Edited by rd79

%7B6954CE8D-ADC6-4BF4-84AF-2E3094FA6F89%

That's not correct. IMO there is no 2nd group stage. Elimination games after group stage... That's why Germany needs to finish 3rd or better in the hardest group because if they want to achieve someting - otherwise the have to play probably France in the first elimination game... Edited by rd79

That's not correct. IMO there is no 2nd group stage. Elimination games after group stage... That's why Germany needs to finish 3rd or better in the hardest group because if they want to achieve someting - otherwise the have to play probably France in the first elimination game...

Yes you are right, I knew the format but I didn't pay attention a lot to the imagesarcastic_blum.gif

Edited by Ebert

This Game was fun to watch. Would have been a great win vs the runner up of last world championship, but it shows Germany can play better than they did vs Iceland.

I hope for wins vs Turkey and Italy and 3rd place in the group.

He found some open lanes to the basket and live he looks even faster than on TV. He seems to get in touch with his teammates and so he had some nice assists too. His shooting looks good, but he had stretches last year where it was looking good and later it was off again a bit, so this few games aren't enough to say something about that.

His defense was a lot better than vs Iceland. 

A mate of mine was criticizing that he is to ball dominant and didn't throw up something like alley oop passes, but I think that's a sign of maturation - not to take the highlight pass when you don't know if your teammate is able to convert it. But yes he kept his ball dominant style, but I think he is allowed to do so, because he is able to break a defense alone. But nevertheless he had his regular couple of "I'm driving to the basket but don't get a finishing possibility and nobody is free to pass to, so I'll throw it away" - turnovers.

I cannot say how this summer experiences will change his NBA game, but I think it's a great chance for maturation, because he has to be the leader of that team. 

Edited by rd79

He found some open lanes to the basket and live he looks even faster than on TV. He seems to get in touch with his teammates and so he had some nice assists too. His shooting looks good, but he had stretches last year where it was looking good and later it was off again a bit, so this few games aren't enough to say something about that.

His defense was a lot better than vs Iceland.

A mate of mine was criticizing that he is to ball dominant and didn't throw up something like alley oop passes, but I think that's a sign of maturation - not to take the highlight pass when you don't know if your teammate is able to convert it. But yes he kept his ball dominant style, but I think he is allowed to do so, because he is able to break a defense alone. But nevertheless he had his regular couple of "I'm driving to the basket but don't get a finishing possibility and nobody is free to pass to, so I'll throw it away" - turnovers.

I cannot say how this summer experiences will change his NBA game, but I think it's a great chance for maturation, because he has to be the leader of that team.

Thanks.