• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

New Orleans?

h4wkfan

What do you all think it would take to get New Orleans first round pick? Would Teague/Our 1/Minn1/2 get it done? 

I don't want to be a treadmill team, and would rather bring in some young talent. If we could pull that trade off, what are your thoughts on drafting brown and doing whatever it takes to sign Harrison Barnes?  I believe the way the cap works as long as we sign Barnes first, we can reup with Al as well. Obviously we would need to shed some cap space lIke Scott and Splitter.

Shro / kirk

Korver/brown/thj

Barnes / sef

Millsap / hump

Horford /Tavares /mle

Still have trouble rebounding against big teams, but would significantly upgrade our wing play and give us potential all stars between shro brown (imo) and Barnes when given the opportunity.

If the cap doesn't work,  nevermind then. But I would like to see what Barnes could do being more of the focal point and I have high hopes for brown

• Moderators

I don't think Barnes is a real star.  Good contributor.  Solid starter.  Career 1-2 All-Star appearances is his best upside.  I'm fine with his as a cog but not as the engine to a team.

I think he has the potential to really develop his game when given a shot...kind of like Kawhi (not comparing the two talent wise).  I also think his skill set and versatility really fit in with what the hawks want to do.

Like I said, I don't want to be a treadmill team. I'm willing to gamble on a rookie in Jaylen Brown who I think has the potential to be a star (Barnes would compliment him nicely).  I think a starting line up come playoff time of Shro / Brown / Barnes / Millsap / Horford could make some noise. Both defensively and offensively. 

To me this lineup keeps us competitive while also building for the future. Our 1-3 are all under 23. That's at least the way I would look at thinks. I'd be happy switching Barnes for Batum, but prefer barnes potential.