• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Poll of the Day... 4-26 & 4-27

Diesel

What was the biggest play from Game 5?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Premium Member

I went with JC's punch out with 1.8.   Nobody has talked about it.. but all Boston had to do was throw the ball to the front of the rim to Williams III.   We have really not stopped him all series and he could have possibly gotten fouled  if not scored outright and took us to overtime.   JC took away the time.

It was smart to put Capela on Smart in that situation too.

On that throw-in by the Celtics, JC used up part of that time with his defensive stop.  The placing of Capela played a huge part in the final seconds.  Taking a stance between Smart and the goal, forcing the pass up the sideline gave JC the opportunity.  Then, with time almost gone, forcing the ball deep for a super quick catch and shoot.  We know how that turned out.  Air ball!

After Trae's super bomb, this was the final nail in the coffin of the Boston Bean Eaters!  Three things in the final seconds of the game.  The bomb!  The block!  The airball!  all = victory!

:smug:

• Like 2

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

tenor.gif?itemid=17060857

Dagger to me is Game winner!

off topic slightly, but I don't agree with that.     Dagger to me is the shot/goal that puts the game out of reach.    Trae had the game winner, but it wasn't a dagger since the Celtics still had a shot at tying or taking the lead.

For instance, personal story.  When I played in the 2013 Maccabiah games in the old man hockey division we met Canada in the gold medal game.   We took a 5-4 lead in the 3rd.   Later in the 3rd I scored to make it 6-4.  To this day my teammates refer to my goal as the dagger.

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

I voted other and I'm also breaking the poll rules...lol.  The bomb was absolutely clutch, but there was a sequence in the 4th where Trae was just everywhere.  These 3 plays in particular shook the Celtics and solidified our confidence:

ice-trae

There was a total team effort just before this where we locked in, played great defense, and JC hit some big shots.  To me, that sequence of plays right there from Trae brought it home.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
44 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I voted other and I'm also breaking the poll rules...lol.  The bomb was absolutely clutch, but there was a sequence in the 4th where Trae was just everywhere.  This is these 3 plays in particular shook the Celtics and solidified our confidence:

ice-trae

There was a total team effort just before this where we locked in, played great defense, and JC hit some big shots.  To me, that sequence of plays right there from Trae brought it home.

Loved this sequence too. Trae was like gimme that ball, Marcus Dumb! Then take that, take that 😆.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1