• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

OK Theo.....just go block shots!

archie44

We've talked a lot today (I'm tired as hell and this is the last post for a long while!) about Glenn, SAR, and JT.

What about THEO?

Well, I say this trade also helps him. We have believed that he NEEDED to score 12-15 a game. Well, he still might. He's capable. He's no Tree Rollins. He can score. But the big thing, particularly with now three legit 20ppg scorers now on the team, is for Theo to stay under that basket and use that 20 foot wingspan to swat away shots!

They question Glenn's defense. Well, is it any worse that Toni's? I don't think so. While many people are going to say, "Well their offense is better, but their defense will suffer," these people are forgetting about Theo Ratliff.

You have no idea how Theo's pure presence on the court is going to make us better. The Hawks say he's 100 percent. So you've got to think that even before today's deal, a healthy Theo made us a team that would improve to around .500. Now add a 20ppg scorer. But it's going to be great in training camp when everyone is focusing on Big Dog and Theo is slowly but surely getting back to the level of play he was at two years ago before his wrist injury.

If you've forgotten (I did) at the time of his injury (and when he was traded to Atlanta) he led the league in blocked shots (3.74 a game), scored 12.4 a game, and grabbed 8.3 rebounds.

Now let's say he blocks 3 shots a game, scores 10, and grabs 7.5 rebounds.

Again, we're adding those stats ALONG WITH another 20 point per game scorer.

WOW.

Is the season here yet?

Good night all.

P.S. -

Thanks Gray Mule and Hello Sturt.