Next order of business...

kelston827

is deciding the final two roster spots. Our 10-man rotation is set at:

JT/DD

DJ/Dion

Big Dog/CC

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Nazr

I think DJ gets the nod at SG because of his superior defense, something that becomes an even more valuable commodity with the arrival of Big Dog.

I'm sorry, but I really love our starting lineup. The bench is the best we've had in a long, long time, too.

So who's left? We have EMail under contract, Ira who should be re-signed (but not overpaid), Haslem who has impressed and Willis to consider.

Simply based on who would be more valuable to us now, Ira and Willis to me would help the most.

Based on potential and the future, Ira and Haslem would seem to be the way to go.

Sadly, I think what will end up happening is that EMail will be retained and Willis will be brought in. Lon mentioned EMail competing for some minutes at the 2, he's already under contract and without him we'd only be carrying four guards, the oldest of which is what, 24? I'm not saying I necessarily agree with it, but I guess it would kind of make sense. And Willis makes sense because we need some bulk up front, and another BU for Theo can never hurt.

I just hate to give up on Ira after all he did for the team last season. I really think he'll be sorely missed.

here is my to do list for the rest of the offseason:

1)trade hendu+crawford+email for goog

y it works for the hawks?

goog's contract ends at the same time as JT and dion (1 yr shorter than crawford and hendu). so that we can give JT an extension without going into the luxury tax area.

y it works for the suns?

after that incident happened to goog, he is not the same player once he was. hendu and crawford are upgrades over goog. e-mail can be cut immediately or serve as a backup point.

y it may not work?

suns just gave marion a huge contract extension, which will put them in the luxury tax area if they trade us goog.

2)sign JT to an extension!

3)sign Ira if he still wants his $1 million/year pay check as a backup, if no, y not sign GRANT LONG if he doesn't plan to retire? he is old, but experienced. a former hawk who would definitely love to be a hawk again. he is a friend of reef, and best of all, he knows all the defense tricks, plays the 3 and 4, he might not do as good a job as ira becoz of his age, but definitely effective enough and affordable.

4)sign kevin willis or charles oakley, if willis signs with another team, we can sign oakley (i don't like him, such a dirty player), but he plays D (defense and dirty), big enough to play C occasionally, definitely a player u want to have on ur team instead of the other teams. he will sign for the minimum or something close like that becoz he wants to play of a contender (and we are), but i would take willis if he is available.

5)sign haslem, he is a project, but give him his chance, he could be a solid NBAer.

thoughts?