• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Georgia over Clemson

TomahawkChop

The Bulldogs pulled squeaked by Clemson with a victory, thanks to great special teams play on Georgia's part and bad special teams play on Clemson's part.

Greene had an off day, Shockley looked great. Hopefully, next week Greene will get the protection he needs to pass the ball and move the chains. He needs to throw to 82 more, Gibson is awesome. Musa Smith looked good, I believe he got over 100 yards rushing which is good. Won the game for Georgia, running the clock out.

So what do you'll think about the Bulldogs? Think they can finish ahead of UT or UF in the SEC?

I don't know what the Dawgs were doing in the first half with regard to throwing the ball to Fred (they didn't) but I'm glad they made the adjustment at half time. He needs a minimum of 12 touches per game (including KO returns).

D. Greene looked a little tentative to me. He didn't play with as much confidence as he did last year and he didn't really step up and make a great throw until after Shockley came in in the 2nd half and lit it up. I think a little competition is going to make Greene a lot better over the course of the season. I LOVE the fact that we have 2 solid QBs and I'd gladly go to battle with either of them. I think the competition is going to make them both better in the long run.

We need to ride Musa. He's a hoss! Just give him the ball 25 times/game and play action pass plays will be even more effective. It's scary to say this but I think the Dawgs would be awesome with the personnel they have in Dan Reeves' offense. Reeves' LOVES the big back (Musa), the Dawgs have a veteran O-line, they have two QBs who throw the ball extremely well off play action and they have at least 4 receivers who not only have good hands, they have deep speed. They even have the big time TE in Watson!

I am cloesely related to Georgia football so if you ever want some insider info just message me.

I like Musa but I have some serious issues with him. He just doesn't break takles. He reminds me of Maurice Smith somewhat. Because he is fast and big but not quite a powerful back. It always seems to me that if the line blocks for 5 that what he gets. He seems to always stop his feet on first contact and fall. It doesn't make since to me this guy is one of the strongest players on the team but can't run through a arm tackle.

Veron Haynes was no where near his size and I would bet he broke more tackles than Musa in a season in just two of his games.

Also they probably didn't go to Fred that much because our pre madonna offensive line coudn't block a tackling dummy.

I really don't see why that offensiveline so highly thought of. I watch them every day and David Pollack, and Sullivan just rapes everyone of them. From watching them I would say Breedlove is the best. I think Stitchcomb is overated . They are all pretty good pass blockers but they are not very physical when you need them on the goaline runs.

I think Musa runs a LOT more physically than Mo Smith when he's healthy though. The next tackle Mo breaks will be his first and he doesn't inflict punishment on the corners and safeties when he gets in the secondary. Musa DOES punish corners and safeties although he could get a little better at maintaining his balance after that contact.

As far as the O-line goes, I blame at least some of their performance on Mark Richt. You can't expect the line to be a bunch of nasty old smash mouth guys with all the finesse stuff he runs. The same thing went for Ray "Goof" and Jim Donnan. We are "Tailback U" and if I were king, our offense would be built around a solid running game first. If Richt would build the offense around Musa and start giving him the ball 25-30 times a game, I think you would see that line start blowing some people off the ball. Right now, they are all pass blockers first and that's why they are a little soft at times in the running game. Stinchcomb is a very good pass blocker but his run blocking could definitely use a lot of improvement.

What do you think about the quarterback situation? I think both guys are talented and I think Richt is smart to play them both. Shockley is CLEARLY too talented to sit on the bench and Greene proved that he is a quality SEC QB with his performance last year. As long as Richt continues to manage the situation well, I think the competition is good for the development of both guys.

You have a good point about Richt thinking he is in Flordia State still. This is one of my biggest problems with him and I think some of the old heads around the team have a problem with that also. I do believe he did a lot better job of calling running plays vs Clemson then last year.

You are correct about Musa bringing a load when he makes contact, but thats only half the job. He has to keep those legs pumping. Thats like going to the bathroom and sitting on the toilet and not wiping, you have to finish the dooty its 2 ply( pardon the pun) LOL. Maybe I am spoiled I see the highlights of Hershel Walker running over Tennesee linebackers before every game LOL.

Is there a team with more depth at quarterback then Georgia? Our third string QB is the only QB in Georgia history to throw for over 400 yards. And our 4th string QB Joe Tereshinski is lightyears ahead of were shockley was this time last year. I am going to tell you the difference between Shock and Greeney. Greene requires the players around him to be exceptional in order to win. DJ Shockley can be the team as much as anyone player can.

Case and point take one of our inner squad scrimmages as example Greene struggled to score with the 1st team offense on the 2nd team defense. Now this really wasn't Greene's fault it was more that his skill players didn't show up that day. On the other hand Shockley turns around and takes the the 2nd team offense and throws 2 touchdowns on the first team D. He threw a third touchdown with a mixture of 3rd team oline and 2nd team and 3rd skill players.

To tell you the truth I would go to battle with any of these QB's. Right now Greene has experience on Shockley, but that gap is closing quickly. I actually thought that Richt didn't use Shockley enough. And most of the fans were pissed when they took him out after he tied us up.

In conclusion maybe I am a little hard on the O-line, because that was my position. I think they will have a good game against the gamecocks. I just hate to see them get beat so regularly in drills in practice it scares me.