• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Rumor: Curry pondering retirement?

mrhonline

• Premium Member

From a reputable poster on the Bulls' RealGM forum:

Quote:

Whats up everyone. Just found out today that during Eddy Curry's wedding in Mexico, Curry's fiancee and family members have pushed Eddy to retire fearing his heart may become worse if he continues to play. Apperantly Curry is actually considering the idea. Not sure if you guys have heard about this yet.

That would be quite a blow to the Bulls' development IMO.

and Chicago doesn't resign him.

And he decides to come out of retirement and play for the Hawks after a change of heart.

That would be a dream come true, but it is all very unlikely.

Seriously I think that might make Curry come to Atlanta and get all the money he can get. But he could sign the contract then retire, so what do you do.

Well I just killed my hopes for us getting Curry.

OK - think about it.

The reports are he can't get insurance on the heart unless he plays trouble-free for a year.

That means he's pretty much limited to playing for the qualifying offer - which is $5. mil.

Obviously - the family thinks it's a risk he pulls a Reggie Lewis.

He's completely crazy if he doesn't have the DNA test now to see if he might have the condition. If he doesn't, then he can play worry free for the $5. mil. If he does, then consider retiring, but either way, there's no way taking the DNA test now hurts his chances or his wallet.